Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And Again He Got Me

3 posters

Go down

And Again He Got Me Empty And Again He Got Me

Post  Charlie G. 3/21/2014, 5:26 pm

This past week the mailman stuffed a large envelope in the mail slot. I enjoy getting those large envelopes cause I know bills don't come in them.
When I opened it up to my amazement there was a "SKUNK" tail in it. I knew where it came from right away. Old Man Bob strikes again. First the fancy salmon feathers and hooks now a "SKUNK" tail.

I joked with him about it cause I was going to send him the same the next week as a joke.
After some thought I figured let's see what I can do with the hair.
The white stripes on a skunk start out white at the bases then turn black towards the tips. Some have longer white bases then others so I worked my way threw the tail cutting out what I could work with.
The first picture is of a bucktail deceiver which I guess you could call a skunk hair deceiver or as I named it a stinky deceiver. The next picture is of a hollow tied fly I tied with skunk hair.
Both were tied with only skunk hair and no other materials except jungle cock eyes on the deceiver

Oh and a side note neither fly smells like a road kill skunk  lol! 

And Again He Got Me P3201530_zpsb70242f9

And the hollow tied fly

And Again He Got Me P3211534_zps063672d9
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

And Again He Got Me Empty Re: And Again He Got Me

Post  handyman 3/21/2014, 5:41 pm

road killed skunk nice jesture bob......yea ive been smelling them alot lately they must be comming out burrows...........spring is on its way.......so are the shad on the delaware

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  tidewaterfly 5/1/2014, 10:51 am

Good looking flies! I tied commercially for many years & once got several skunk tails from a supplier that they had closed-out. My thought was they would be good for hair jigs for bass, but the hair is courser than I like for that & I couldn't see wasting that nice long hair. After receiving them I wondered what the heck would I tie with them! Big Deceivers were the obvious choice. I've dyed some of the white portions too particularly chartreuse or purple. Chartreuse & black & Blurple are always good colors!

I like the body fur from skunks too for small hair jigs for Smallmouth bass.

tidewaterfly

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum