Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

icast award winning Frog: Review

3 posters

Go down

icast award winning Frog: Review Empty icast award winning Frog: Review

Post  Bob77 8/6/2013, 1:20 pm

This review is for the Lunkerhunt Lunker Frog. I had to try it after seeing it all the publicity from ICAST.

Aesthetics:
when it comes to looks these frogs are hands down one of the most realistic frogs lures I have seen (My personal favorite is the green tea frog pattern).
So the paint did its job and hooked (me) the angler. The legs look great in the water on a stop and go retrieve, extending and retracting as i reel it back to the boat.

Functionality:
To start off, this frog weighs a ½ oz which makes it incredibly easy to cast a far distance. On my retrieve a never staged any weeds, which was great. The legs do extend on the retrieve and retract on a pause which gives the lure a nice touch of realism. They also help splash the water more on the retrieve.  The only issue I encountered was sinking. It started after a couple weekends of use. Typical wear and tear could be to blame here. Although this isn’t the first time I’ve had issues with top water frogs sinking. I’ve used many and almost all of them will develop this sinking problem eventually.

Fix: My solution to this issue is to apply a little bit of crazy glue around the belly weight,  where the hook comes through on the bottom and any other areas that may allow water in. Remember don’t completely seal it up of the hollow boy won’t collapse when I bass bites.

Hook-ups:
Over the course of my testing I caught about 6 bass in one outing on this frog. Hook up percentage was about 80% A few bass would come up short and wouldn’t get a good hook set.

Overall:
At 7.99 you can't go wrong

I give it an 8/10

icast award winning Frog: Review 9422131715_c3b04a2b2a_z

Bob77

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

icast award winning Frog: Review Empty Re: icast award winning Frog: Review

Post  handyman 8/6/2013, 8:39 pm

thanks for the review.......nice looking frogs

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 8/20/2013, 10:03 pm

These Frogs are awesome used them last week for the first time and had my biggest Largemouth I ever had on it lost it 2 feet from boat after 4 huge leaps and also landed my biggest pickerel on it the same day !! will buy more for sure !!
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down