Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rattle chamber experiment.....and some Pabst :)

4 posters

Go down

Rattle chamber experiment.....and some Pabst :) Empty Rattle chamber experiment.....and some Pabst :)

Post  Muskyslayer96 3/5/2013, 1:11 pm

Hey Fellas,

Snow day here in WI as we are getting pounded so I finally got some shop time. Here is a short little video on a rattle chamber I made (my first) using a tutorial from another site with some fun and effective modifications.

My process was very similar to the tutorial, I took one of my Musky Spook blanks and drilled a shallow 5/8" hole with forstner bit on both sides of the plug. I then drilled a 1/2" channel through plug. Next, I drank a Pabst :buds: and then cut two 5/8" discs from the can to seal the ends. I also lined the 1/2" channel with Pabst aluminum as well. I used epoxy to seal the end disc and then when dry added a 5/16' steel bearing. I then epoxied the other end cap and filled in hole with plumbers putty. I sanded the putty when dry and I was pleasantly surprised with how loud the rattle is. The plumbers putty definitely added to the decibels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxByGRvHRsU

Rattle chamber experiment.....and some Pabst :) 2013-03-01151916_zps315510dc
Rattle chamber experiment.....and some Pabst :) 2013-03-01151930_zpsbfbaf6de
Rattle chamber experiment.....and some Pabst :) 2013-03-01151922_zps949e4e19
Rattle chamber experiment.....and some Pabst :) 2013-03-01151831_zps1faf9c20
Rattle chamber experiment.....and some Pabst :) 2013-03-01151852_zpsc2668487

Thanks for checking in out......MAN am I ready for spring...been working on a walleye plug arsenal for spring Very Happy

Best,

MS
Muskyslayer96
Muskyslayer96

Number of posts : 391

http://irishwhipesoxbaits.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Rattle chamber experiment.....and some Pabst :) Empty Re: Rattle chamber experiment.....and some Pabst :)

Post  handyman 3/5/2013, 9:10 pm

nice slayer96..........sounds good to damb good excuse to knock back a twin pack.....plug make a good sound excellant my friend

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Rattle chamber experiment.....and some Pabst :) Empty Re: Rattle chamber experiment.....and some Pabst :)

Post  Menacer 3/5/2013, 10:00 pm

Nice job man. Funny you posted this because I watched a video on youtube not that long ago about doing this but it didnt have a sound clip.
Menacer
Menacer

Number of posts : 322

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 3/6/2013, 8:25 pm

MS great idea and nice job on it wow
As for the Pabst confused I would think you would be drinking that good "Linenkugle" brew from up there Very Happy
I hope you keep us upto date on the final out come. Good luck with it.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down