Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back Bay take two

2 posters

Go down

Back Bay take two Empty Back Bay take two

Post  CaptFrank 7/27/2012, 6:07 pm

Had Pat M. and his friend Bill out for a charter this morning. We figured on hanging around in the back bays due to the projected NOAA forecast, but we made it into the ocean.
On our way to TI, we noticed some bait spraying up along a sod bank. Pat and Bill tossed a bucktail and Deadly Dick with teasers along the bank, but only managed a 1 second hook up. Always worth a shot though.
Once we hit TI, we found a sizable school of Herring tearing up Spearring, with some Blues mixed in. The guys threw Deadly Dicks and I tossed a Sabiki rig. Pat managed a small Blue, we just got a lot of bumps. Made three drifts through and then headed out into the ocean. It was swelly, but not bad.
We anchored up on some structure, but couldn't buy a bite. Moved out and worked a lump, got lots of bites and a visit from a sizable shark, but no actual hook ups. Then someone threw a switch and the wind came up big time. So, we moved into the back again.
Made some drifts and even anchored up along a popular sod bank. Again, lots of hits, but no takers. Made a move down to another local spot in hopes of changing our luck. Tried drifting, but the current was screaming in and made fishing that way tough. Tossed the anchor along a deep under cut sod bank in hopes of some action, Sea Bass, Tog, Triggers, anything at this point! Manages a micro Sea Bass and baby Doggie. Pulled the anchor and cruised over to a flat that had produced some short Flounder two days ago. Made 3 unproductive drifts and called it a day.
On the ride back to the ramp, my engine suddenly quit. That almost made a bad day suck! Fortunately, the engine started again and we made it back. Pat and Bill were very nice about the poor fishing. Wish I could've put them onto something, but it wasn't for lack of trying...

Tight Lines!
CaptFrank
CaptFrank

Number of posts : 230

http://www.brynnie-binshorefishing.com

Back to top Go down

Back Bay take two Empty Re: Back Bay take two

Post  JeffL 7/27/2012, 9:41 pm

I would take a bad day fishing over work anytime =P
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER