Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6/6/12 Bass charter.

3 posters

Go down

6/6/12 Bass charter. Empty 6/6/12 Bass charter.

Post  Kevnmary 6/7/2012, 2:14 pm

Went out yesterday for an afternoon charter with my boy on the Andrea's Toy out of Clark's Landing Point Pleasant. Left the inlet at around 1:30 headed North and found the bunker off Spring Lake. Boy were they thick and they were being blitzed by gator blues with some bass mixed in. After making bait with the cast net we fished that pod for about an hour with nothing but blues, lost alot of treble hooks. At least it got the blood pumping. We ran north to just about Asbury. No boats around, no sign of bait, but some marks on the screen. We set up to drift live bunker and on the first drop we had a fish on. My son was first up and AJ made short work of a nice 20lber. Continued a slow drift with occasional resets to where we started (we were about 1 1/2 miles off in about 55 ft of water)./ We wound up going 5 for 9 on bass up to about 35 lbs with some big gator blues as well. I caught two large blues and one bass at about 25 lbs, I missed one bass after we ran out of treble hooks and probably lost 3-4 blues with hooks. The fleet showed up at around 4:00pm and the fish slowed down with them. Wind and swells really picked up around 5:00pm and it was a bumpy ride back into Point. From the chatter it sounded like most guys only found blues so we were feeling pretty good with 5 in the box. Can't recommend Andrea's Toy any more highly, great crew and they know how to find fish. Boat's a little tight when everyone's on the back but it's nice to be able to walk around and fish from the front or the sides.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

6/6/12 Bass charter. Empty Re: 6/6/12 Bass charter.

Post  Captain Ahab 6/7/2012, 6:08 pm

Good stuff - I fished the same area that morning on the Fisher Price II and we also kept 5 up to 38 lbs
Captain Ahab
Captain Ahab
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 403

http://UCHelpCenter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JeffL 6/7/2012, 7:16 pm

Good to see people catching Very Happy
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 914

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down