Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building season is afoot....what's everyone working on?

+5
MarkC
handyman
Bluesfish
FJR
Muskyslayer96
9 posters

Go down

Building season is afoot....what's everyone working on? Empty Building season is afoot....what's everyone working on?

Post  Muskyslayer96 12/11/2011, 9:13 am

Hey fellas,

I finally got some shop time which was exactly what I needed to take my mind off other uncontrollable issues:(
In the past there has been some interest in my drying rack and I've seen some awesome ones posted. Here's some video of my custom drying rack in action (low quality, taken from my cell phone). Need final detail paint and another couple of coats epoxy and DONE! I'm currently trying to finish up some X-mas presents before I launch into full build/test mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aag4UIQar_k

I'd love to see what everyone else is working on!

Thanks for taking a look and Happy Holidays Very Happy

MS
Muskyslayer96
Muskyslayer96

Number of posts : 391

http://irishwhipesoxbaits.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Building season is afoot....what's everyone working on? Empty Re: Building season is afoot....what's everyone working on?

Post  FJR 12/13/2011, 12:35 pm

A couple of experiments, we'll see what happens, going to have to play around a bit with the weighting !!! Top one maybe a darter ??? Bottom I'm trying for a glider, first attempt !!!
Building season is afoot....what's everyone working on? Protos10

Wow that's some dryer there Mike, very nice !

Last edited by FJR on 12/13/2011, 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Building season is afoot....what's everyone working on? Empty Re: Building season is afoot....what's everyone working on?

Post  Bluesfish 12/13/2011, 6:16 pm

Nice dryer MS! I NEED TO DO A NEW ONE THIS WINTER!!!
Just finished a few for x mas also...including yours. I'll be shipping em out in the next day or so.

Bluesfish :Christmas tree
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 12/14/2011, 9:34 pm

Got a little done. Cut some stock, started painting a few plugs,cleaned the shop up, and most importantly...put up some x-mas lights above the work bench :Christmas tree :Christmas tree !!! Good day!
Building season is afoot....what's everyone working on? PC140006
Building season is afoot....what's everyone working on? PC140004
Building season is afoot....what's everyone working on? PC140002
Building season is afoot....what's everyone working on? PC140001
Building season is afoot....what's everyone working on? PC140003

Bluesfish fishing
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  Muskyslayer96 12/15/2011, 11:08 pm

Hey Fellas,

Looks like a number of people are ramping up Very Happy

FJR, love the look of the darter/glider can't wait to see them finished.
Handyman, sweet looking swimmer blanks cheers thanks again for all the help with the spooks, got a couple of cool ideas in my head Very Happy

Bluefish....shop looks awesome and ready to roll, you have a lot going on there and I really dig your set up Building season is afoot....what's everyone working on? 962367

"Nice dryer MS! I NEED TO DO A NEW ONE THIS WINTER!!!
Just finished a few for x mas also...including yours. I'll be shipping em out in the next day or so".

Thanks for the compliment and........ "including yours" .......for MS? Very Happy Got a couple more J-bug blanks in this batch one for you as well Very Happy
Here's a couple of shots of the finishing shop, sorry to admit that a lot of those plugs are hold overs from last year that didn't get finished Embarassed Look like I better get my rear in gear!
Great seeing eveyrbodys stuff, Happy Holidays
MS
Video is a little long, just thought i would give a shot of the finishing area along with the multitude of baits that need finishing!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxonPi2MZZA
Muskyslayer96
Muskyslayer96

Number of posts : 391

http://irishwhipesoxbaits.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkC 12/17/2011, 7:58 am

cool colour there handy
MarkC
MarkC

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post  handyman 12/17/2011, 9:59 am

hay thanks sharkie...........nice avatar sharkie.......... if i was in that car......id be pullin 360's while lockin them up

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 12/17/2011, 10:53 am

Looking real good there Bruce cheers Nice shop cool

That santa babe sure does have a full moon Very Happy
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 12/17/2011, 9:30 pm

Dang Bruce that is one hell of a shop you have. I'm jealous wow
If I'm not mistaken I see some guitar patterns hanging on the wall. Do you make them also ?

Frank that will be one sweet looking darter. Let us know how it works for you when finished.

Jeff you look like you have enough blanks cut to make it till spring. You have turned the garage into a really nice shop Building season is afoot....what's everyone working on? 92223
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisL 12/17/2011, 9:40 pm

I moved all my equipment from Dad's shop to my garage over the summer so getting it all settled in will be my next task. Soon as the holidays are over I'll get things running and get some stuff made.

ChrisL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post  handyman 12/18/2011, 12:37 am

thanks charlie yea i build guitars

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  ccl477 12/18/2011, 11:11 am

SOME BODY BEEN VERY BUSY wow ( POPPY )

ccl477

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Building season is afoot....what's everyone working on? Empty lol

Post  stripercrazy 12/19/2011, 10:03 am

great shops my shops a mess i got paths through it lol :Christmas tree

stripercrazy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down