Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes! Stripers in Florida !

2 posters

Go down

Yes!  Stripers in Florida ! Empty Yes! Stripers in Florida !

Post  Guest 9/14/2011, 11:28 am

Hi my name is Allen Walker (facebook) and I'm orig. From York/Lancaster Pa. and started fishing for line sides
in the 60's below Conowingo on the Susquhanna Flats... I now live in Port orange, Fl. about
30 miles east of the St. Johns. and they have Stripers in the St. Johns. Never fished for them here,
but thought if anyone from this group could give me a few pointers on catching them here, it
would make it a lot easyer to get started. I fish from a kayak.. Had 5 other types of boats
since moving south and have settled down with a kayak to fish for redfish on the flats,
and small creeks and lakes, and for fishing off the surf for the big ones off shore.

p.s. started with bloodworms and rebels / rapala's with a piece of bloodworm on the hook...

Some of the rods I use down here in florida....You may need to log in to facebook to see the photo....

Yes!  Stripers in Florida ! 320258_1983564757713_1501073564_31722107_1661512140_n

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Yes!  Stripers in Florida ! Empty Re: Yes! Stripers in Florida !

Post  handyman 9/14/2011, 11:39 pm

welcome seabelow/ allen................say nice idea on the rod rack

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Ahab 9/15/2011, 5:22 am

Welcome - you put bloodworm on the treble hook of a plug? I would think that would ruin the action completely

I suggest you fish for those Florida stripers just like you used to do on the susky flats - Early AM topwater and then jerk baits and big plastics during the day

Captain Ahab
Captain Ahab
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 403

http://UCHelpCenter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/15/2011, 8:47 am

Mr Handy

Thanks for the pat on the back for the rod holders, I have to move them
about 4 ft. L/R so I can hang a kayak up there. I thought retirement was going to be easy.

Capt.

As for the blood worms on the hook.. we used to cut 1/4 inch pieces and put them on the rear
trebs. like hook guards and when that went by the bass he thought it was a bleeding minnow. Worked
for us. Back in the 60's there was lots of weeds and fished the big floating rebels like jirk baits if you reeled
them fast they would get the eel grass. Now that would mess up the action of the lure.
One thing down here in Florida, the local G.O.B.s use "live bait" such as finger mullet, pin fish, crabs, whatever
they can catch with a cast net is bait. If its to big for bait they put it in the cooler to eat. D.O.A's are used alot
by the tourists & week-end warriors from big city on the weekends.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down