Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler

+15
kdibb
ChrisL
FiSHiN4STRiPeRS
handyman
Bluesfish
A.O.K.
SurfChick
JayDizzle
stevel
holymackeral
Oldsalts
old man
smitty
MarkC
Charlie G.
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler Empty Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler

Post  Charlie G. 5/6/2011, 12:41 am

First I have to apologize to SteveL. We were going to fish Wen of this week but it was a wash because of the rain so I never got it together.

So Thursday morning my dog woke me at 2am to go out to do her business. Yea great timing at 2am. I couldn't get back to sleep so at 2:30am I said screw it I'm going fishing Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler 870783
I didn't care what the weather was going to be, all I knew was "No Rain"
I hadn't had a keeper Bass yet this spring so I was jonesing anyway. All the fish so far were C&R spawners. I did release a 42" bass 2 weeks ago in the river.

To make a long story short. I had 9 bass landed all day and missed 3 hits.
2 keepers a 35" on a T-Hex and a 31" on clam. Had 2 bass in the 27+ range but didn't bring my fish stretcher with me so they swam away healthy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler Empty Re: Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler

Post  MarkC 5/6/2011, 7:02 am

Congrats charlie pleased for you , and i got the flys very good work thanks
MarkC
MarkC

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler Empty Re: Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler

Post  smitty 5/6/2011, 7:21 am

Awesome report Charlie and congrats on the dinner....
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler Empty ...but did ya thank the dog ????

Post  old man 5/6/2011, 7:24 am

....nice going Charlie....

Old Man aka Bob

old man
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 5/6/2011, 7:49 am

Nice report Charlie Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler 870783

How is the park ...???

Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler 92223
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 5/6/2011, 7:52 am

nice catch charlie..... great report... i guess you can't be mad at the dog after that....

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 5/6/2011, 7:52 am

wow wow wow ...cg what are you apoligizing for buddy wendsday was a wash out.. mad mad
Im glad you got into some nice fish cg...way to fish them up...maybe this week weather will be good .... Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler 870783

stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  JayDizzle 5/6/2011, 10:00 am

Nice work Charlie!!!!! Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler 560155
JayDizzle
JayDizzle

Number of posts : 366

https://www.facebook.com/decarlojason

Back to top Go down

Post  SurfChick 5/6/2011, 6:17 pm

Awesome Charlie! cheers cheers cheers Very Happy
SurfChick
SurfChick

Number of posts : 760

Back to top Go down

Post  A.O.K. 5/6/2011, 7:37 pm

way to go Charlie!
Congrats.
the grumpy bastard e-mailed that someone came in with a nice bass on a T-HEX!!
very nice!
A.O.K.
A.O.K.

Number of posts : 249

http://www.aoktackle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 5/6/2011, 8:55 pm

Way to go CG!! Hope it stays hot for a while!!!!

Bluesfish Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler 870783
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 5/6/2011, 9:53 pm

Thanks guys lets hope it's not beginners luck lol!
Steve thank you T-Hex's work Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler 92223
I'll see Sat. if Ed brings me more luck Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler 56958
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Back to top Go down

Post  handyman 5/6/2011, 10:18 pm

nice charlie

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  FiSHiN4STRiPeRS 5/7/2011, 6:14 pm

cheers Nice Charlie!
FiSHiN4STRiPeRS
FiSHiN4STRiPeRS

Number of posts : 157

http://www.mymonavie.com/KDF

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisL 5/7/2011, 6:55 pm

Nice catches Charlie cheers

ChrisL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post  kdibb 5/7/2011, 8:22 pm

Nice job Charlie. I hope you have a season full of fish like that.
kdibb
kdibb
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Post  doublerunner 5/9/2011, 12:07 pm

Seems like your dog knows when is the right time to be out there
doublerunner
doublerunner

Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 5/9/2011, 12:45 pm

way to go Charlie....nice catch. Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler 560155
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  A.O.K. 5/9/2011, 6:34 pm

thank YOU Charlie!
which bass was on the T-HEX?
1st pic?
would like to facebook it if you don't mind.
A.O.K.
A.O.K.

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 5/9/2011, 7:02 pm

Thats how to do it Charlie ...!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 5/9/2011, 7:04 pm

Yep it was the first Picture Steve. A 35 incher. The one taken with the most light mid day. It was the 2oz size Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler 92223
Nothing seemed to work on this past Sat tho mad
Then again it might have been cause Ed and then Jeff showed up and I fished with those two Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler 56958
They should be baned from the beach with the luck they bring with them Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler 56958
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Back to top Go down

Post  A.O.K. 5/9/2011, 7:27 pm

awesome!
A.O.K.
A.O.K.

Back to top Go down

Post  Large John 5/9/2011, 9:43 pm

Charlie G. wrote:Yep it was the first Picture Steve. A 35 incher. The one taken with the most light mid day. It was the 2oz size Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler 92223
Nothing seemed to work on this past Sat tho mad
Then again it might have been cause Ed and then Jeff showed up and I fished with those two Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler 56958
They should be baned from the beach with the luck they bring with them Finally Got Some Stripes In The cooler 56958

Might not have been Oldsalts luck Charlie, it seems the black cloud of the skunk is following me around, Sunday was worse then Saturday. Nice meeting you.

Heading back out Wed night so if any one wants to catch a fish Tuesday or Saturday will be slamming. mad
Large John
Large John

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 5/9/2011, 10:25 pm

Charlie G. wrote:Yep it was the first Picture Steve. A 35 incher. The one taken with the most light mid day. It was the 2oz size [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nothing seemed to work on this past Sat tho [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Then again it might have been cause Ed and then Jeff showed up and I fished with those two [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
They should be baned from the beach with the luck they bring with them [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Charlie you need to go to the Honey Hole there is fish there .... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It was a great day anyways good Friends and Family and [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ...

Good luck
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 5/9/2011, 10:28 pm

Large John wrote:
Charlie G. wrote:Yep it was the first Picture Steve. A 35 incher. The one taken with the most light mid day. It was the 2oz size [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nothing seemed to work on this past Sat tho [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Then again it might have been cause Ed and then Jeff showed up and I fished with those two [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
They should be baned from the beach with the luck they bring with them [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Might not have been Oldsalts luck Charlie, it seems the black cloud of the skunk is following me around, Sunday was worse then Saturday. Nice meeting you.

Heading back out Wed night so if any one wants to catch a fish Tuesday or Saturday will be slamming. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hey Large John

Your Family is awesome we need to do it more .....!!!

Even if the fishing sucked...LOL [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next