Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new air brush

+4
FJR
smitty
Bluesfish
victank1
8 posters

Go down

new air brush Empty new air brush

Post  victank1 2/9/2011, 9:54 pm

Well I tried my new toy and man what a mess..this will take some practice. practice and one more practice.. I may end up back at the canner game SON.... new air brush 177925 new air brush 177925 new air brush 177925 new air brush 177925 new air brush 177925 new air brush 177925
victank1
victank1

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

new air brush Empty Re: new air brush

Post  Bluesfish 2/9/2011, 10:26 pm

You'll be fine, the more you play with it the better you'll get!!!! You should see my lawn mower!!!!! That's what I practiced on!!!

Bluesfish new air brush 962367
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 2/9/2011, 10:52 pm

what kind did you get??????
It will come to ya trust me i cant draw a stick figure on paper and cant air brush one either lol...
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  victank1 2/9/2011, 11:09 pm

i bought a Iwata eclipse ..good airbrush ..bad airbrusher.... new air brush 56958 new air brush 56958 new air brush 56958 new air brush 56958 new air brush 56958 new air brush 177925 new air brush 177925 new air brush 177925 new air brush 177925 new air brush 177925 new air brush 177925 new air brush 177925 new air brush 177925
victank1
victank1

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 2/9/2011, 11:19 pm

awesome brush
hey do your self a favor go to Lowe's and buy some 3/4" thick dowels and prime them and go to town........... re prime and go to town.... re prim and go to town......... you get the point new air brush 962367
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 2/10/2011, 11:13 am

The eclipse is a good brush, took me about a year to get comfortable with it. Stick to doing solid colors at first, don't try to do to much in the begining.
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptFrank 2/12/2011, 12:05 am

I've been borrowing an Iwata airbrush to paint a few lures i carved. I've been looking at the Grex airbrushes to purchase. Anyone have any experience with them? I like the pistol grip gravity feed model. Any thoughts?
CaptFrank
CaptFrank

Number of posts : 230

http://www.brynnie-binshorefishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  handyman 2/12/2011, 12:40 am

say capt frank.......iwata eclipes hands down.........just got done doing maint on mine......replaced the needle and the front end.....sprays like right out of the box...........i had two badgers before...........they just didnt cut it for me.... just speaking for myself........some art supplie stores have cupons on line with a certain % off .............good luck

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  surfstix1963 2/12/2011, 8:41 am

Practice and more practice it is a great airbrush you need to get used to the trigger check out some vids on the tube alot of info make sure the paints are thinned even createx you don't know how long it has been on the shelf and keep it clean if you have issues w/ it not spraying well it is usually the nozzle has dry tip built up paint white will be the hardest color to use for some reason it dries real quick.

surfstix1963

Number of posts : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptFrank 2/13/2011, 12:36 am

I do like the Iwata I was using, it's a Revolution CR. I had 2 old Badgers and a Paasche, but just couldn't get them to do what I wanted. Figured it's time to invest in a higher end model. I have watched the videos on the Grex models, and have read a ton of reviews (Iwatas too), just not sure of what to think of the trigger models. Just figured it might be a more comfortable position and allow more controlled detail work. I called a few shops to see if any might offer a demo day to try a few models, all agreed it was a great idea, but didn't know when it might happen. Go figure. Any input or advice?
CaptFrank
CaptFrank

Number of posts : 230

http://www.brynnie-binshorefishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 2/13/2011, 10:27 am

thing with airbrushes like everyone says is practice..... but there is something else... air pressure... if the air pressure isn't right you can end up with a mess or no paint coming out.... also making sure the paint is a good consistency... it takes practice to learn all these things.... i find the paint being near milk consistency to be best..... now not all paints work that way but for the most part it's a good start....

good luck with your new brush and just have fun...

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down