Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Time Trying to Turn a Pikie Plug

+5
Bluesfish
stevel
Oldsalts
eurojett05
Charlie G.
9 posters

Go down

First Time Trying to Turn a Pikie Plug Empty First Time Trying to Turn a Pikie Plug

Post  Charlie G. 1/1/2011, 5:22 pm

Well this is my first attempt to make a Pikie plug. Not sure about the tail shape yet or the lip or weighting the plug. I need to swim it to try differant weight options and try differant lips.
I'm not sure if the lip is to big for the plug.
They weigh 2 1/2oz as you see them with out added weight. And measure 7in long with the lip.

Maybe the Pikie King Eurojett can give a little advice or incite on them.
I haven't seen any one eles here post pikie plug they have made. There has to be others lurking.

First Time Trying to Turn a Pikie Plug P1010285-1

First Time Trying to Turn a Pikie Plug P1010287

First Time Trying to Turn a Pikie Plug P1010284

First Time Trying to Turn a Pikie Plug P1010283

This is a work in progress. I've always wanted to build one of these plugs and hope these come out ok.
Thanks for any input.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

First Time Trying to Turn a Pikie Plug Empty Re: First Time Trying to Turn a Pikie Plug

Post  eurojett05 1/1/2011, 5:41 pm

wow....congrats on your first new pikie Charlie....Pikie looks good and with good size lip. Take it for a swim and i'm sure you'll be happy with the action. What's the weight on that bad boy?
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

First Time Trying to Turn a Pikie Plug Empty Re: First Time Trying to Turn a Pikie Plug

Post  Charlie G. 1/1/2011, 5:48 pm

As they are now Louis they are 2 1/2oz with no chin weight added yet. 7in long including the lip.
I hope to swim them for the first time this week.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 1/1/2011, 5:57 pm

wow wow wow wow wow
Sweet work Charlie ..... popcorn popcorn
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 1/1/2011, 6:21 pm

great job cg... looks like there is going to be no stopping you .....sure it will be top notch like your others...... cool
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 1/1/2011, 7:54 pm

wow Very nice CG, Got the talent Bro!!!!! Finish er up and let's see her done!!

Bluesfish First Time Trying to Turn a Pikie Plug 962367
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 1/1/2011, 9:02 pm

cool awesome job CG!!!! love it........ cheers First Time Trying to Turn a Pikie Plug 962367 cheers
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 1/1/2011, 10:17 pm

way to go Charlie wow
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

First Time Trying to Turn a Pikie Plug Empty hey charlie

Post  stripercrazy 1/2/2011, 2:31 pm

nice looking pikie....some of the things that go thru my mind when building a pikie are fattest part is 1/3 body length from lip(shoulder) and the next fattest spot would be the hips at 2/3 length and thats a little smaller than the shoulder maybe 1/8 inch or a 1/4 inch less....is that the largest lip? there monsters, I find I like those lips on large jointed pikies....the smaller size is still big if I would guess a 1/2 inch belly weight 9-10 grams in the chin :DI find 2 ways to build that kinda pikie. chin weight good size and lip bent down to work surface or 2 belly weights chin and one behind the hook to get it to swim...more wood the heaver the belly weights ....looking good

stripercrazy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 1/2/2011, 10:33 pm

CHARLIE was that a baseball bat when u started ??? only joking nice stuff First Time Trying to Turn a Pikie Plug 92223

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 1/3/2011, 12:23 am

send it this way i'll test it for ya First Time Trying to Turn a Pikie Plug 622665
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down