Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Striped Bass

+3
stevel
rocstar21
VooDooTackle
7 posters

Go down

Big Striped Bass Empty Big Striped Bass

Post  VooDooTackle 12/8/2010, 7:29 pm

Well since I have been absent the lasst few weeks it has not been because I forgot about you but it is becasue of wo things. One my computer crashed so I have to get another one which really sucks. But two we have been doing some fishing and this week is not going to be any different. So here we go.

29 November I looked at the weather and saw that the wind was laying down and I was anxious to get out there and get on some big striped bass. I had heard of a few reports trickling in of big stripers on the Bay Bridge Tunnel if you were using eels at night. So I looked at the tide and saw that there was going to be an outgoing tide and the wind was going to lay down which is good. So we loaded up the boat and off to the ramp and left the inlet around 4:00 pm to a slight chop. headed to the high rise section of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and got set up. I wanted to anchor but it was not going to happen with the hard bottom and the current still flooding and moving to fast. So we drifted the pilings keeping our eels on the bottom with enough weight to hold the bottom. After a few drifts we get a nice 42 inch fish to break the seal on the fish box. Then it was time for the fun to begin as night time set in and the tide turned we found some big fish. Once we found them it was a fish every time we drifted through the pilings. We boat some fish between 39 and 44 inches that went in the box but the fun was boating the 45 to 48 inch fish that we realeased for citations in the state of Virginia's Salt Water Fishing Tournament that runs the entire year. We realesed 9 fish that night and kept four for the table. Great night and the run honme was great since it was slick calm out.

On 2 December we put a quick trip together to get my 10 year old son Hunter on a big fish. The tide was not as good as the last time out and we only had a few hours since Hunter had school the next day. So off we go to flat calm seas and get back out to the same place we drifted on Monday. It was not hot and heavy but after a few drifts one of the rods starts to sing and we know this is what we came for, Hunter gets on the rod and the fight is on. Hunter does a great job fighting the fish and getting him boat side where we lip him and get him in the boat. I knew it was going to be a good fish so I put the tape to him and he hits the mark of 45 inches. Hunter was so excited and we ask him if he wants to release the fish for a citation or keep it for the table. NO hesitation he says release it. So in he goes to be caught another day. We boat one more fish and then have to head for the dock since it is getting late and Hunter has school the next day. I wanted to stay because it was just turning on that night. But we will do it again.

This week the wind has blown and we have a tournament Saturday for a foundation that gives sick kids there wish. Not make a wish but something very similiar. Here are the photos and until next time, TIGHT LINES.

VooDoo

The run out
Photobucket

A 48 inch release
Photobucket

A 45 inch release
Photobucket

A 46 inch release
Photobucket

A 44 inch fish
Photobucket

The crew back at the dock
Photobucket

Say Cheese
Photobucket

Hunter's 45 inch fish
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

A 43 inch fish
Photobucket

VooDooTackle
VooDooTackle

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Big Striped Bass Empty Re: Big Striped Bass

Post  rocstar21 12/8/2010, 7:33 pm

thats wha I am talking about!!!! WTG!!!! cheers cheers Big Striped Bass 962367 Big Striped Bass 962367 cheers cheers
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 12/8/2010, 8:21 pm

wow.... wow wow wow ...thats an awsome trip with great bass to show for it ..... Big Striped Bass 870783
great report and pix....CONGRATS TO YOU HUNTER A FINE FISH YOU CAUGHT.....THE RELEASE JUST AS FINE...... Big Striped Bass 962367 cheers Big Striped Bass 962367 cheers
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 12/8/2010, 8:47 pm

Way to go Mark and Hunter save some for me and lil Joe
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 12/9/2010, 7:23 pm

nice fish mark. you guys got em good
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1048

Back to top Go down

Post  Murphthesurf 12/9/2010, 9:41 pm

wow wow wow wow Awesome
Murphthesurf
Murphthesurf
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1567

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbowfish 12/11/2010, 7:07 pm

WAY TO GO HUNTER! DID YOU HOOK IT YOURSELF?
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down