Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlie....

+2
stevel
Minivin5
6 posters

Go down

Charlie.... Empty Charlie....

Post  Minivin5 6/11/2010, 3:16 am

Come or hell or high water you better fish that plug .....Bob said you were on your deathbed..hope you are feeling better...I did give Bob the OK to fish that plug hard.... lol
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Charlie.... Empty Re: Charlie....

Post  stevel 6/11/2010, 9:07 am

cg hope u are feeling well soon....want to see u guys into some fish.... cheers Charlie.... 962367 cheers Charlie.... 962367
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 6/11/2010, 10:35 am

Charlie is sick? naaaaah! Must've been fishing 24/7...non stop.
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Charlie.... Empty he's BACCCCKKKKK !!!!

Post  old man 6/12/2010, 12:20 am

....he was fine today....back to 14 hours of casting practice....

...Trigger, Woody, Charlie and I rented a pontoon boat today and casted damned near the entire Charlestown Pond....

...not one fish from 8 am to 4 pm and after a cup of coffee and a 20 minute break we relocated to one of the other breachways to continue our quest......

...a quest ???? .... to prove Animal (from SOL) wrong ...that there are no fish in Rhode Island !!!

...so far Animal is correct... but there's always tomorrow !

Old Man aka Bob

....that SOB is snoring up a storm already...sheesh

old man
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 6/12/2010, 5:30 am

old man wrote:....he was fine today....back to 14 hours of casting practice....

...Trigger, Woody, Charlie and I rented a pontoon boat today and casted damned near the entire Charlestown Pond....

...not one fish from 8 am to 4 pm and after a cup of coffee and a 20 minute break we relocated to one of the other breachways to continue our quest......

...a quest ???? .... to prove Animal (from SOL) wrong ...that there are no fish in Rhode Island !!!

...so far Animal is correct... but there's always tomorrow !

Old Man aka Bob

....that SOB is snoring up a storm already...sheesh

Glad you guys are having fun ...!!!

Charlie we are going to show that the fish have gone in new jersey also....LOL

Building sand castles with Bluesfish (Jeff) today and yes its 430 am...lMFAO
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 6/12/2010, 8:42 am

glad to see you guys havin a good time...thats what its about.... Charlie.... 962367 Charlie.... 962367
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 6/17/2010, 2:00 pm

Thanks guys for the well wishes. I blame them RI fried clams that I ate while up there. I felt like I was on my death bed for a day. Hitting every bath room and porta john on the south shore, while Bob showed me all the most beautiful and scariest fishing spots I have ever seen in my 55 years.
I just got home last night from spending a week roaming the south shores of RI with Old Man (Bob). I would really like to thank him for putting my ass up for a week taking me into his house to crash while there. What a fun time I had with him and hope to go back up to fish with him again in the near future. I never met such a die hard fisherman, never stopped casting even after spending hours with no hits.
We didn't hurt the striper population up there cause it took us 3 or 4 days to find where they were. We finally did find some at the Cape Cod Canal. Not that we put a hurting on them either. I only landing 2 small bass. but had the chance at way more. Even having them busting on baitfish no more then 12 inches from my feet multiple times the last day. But do you think I could get them to eat my plug. No way mad But I did see some real large 30lb and 40lb Bass caught while fishing the Cape Cod cannal.
I hope to go back in the fall to fish with some great guys from up there. I met Bayman and Trigger while there and spent the day fishing with them. What a Great time with some great SBO guys.
I didn't take many pictures but will try to post a few later. And Vinny I did fish a half day with the plug you sent up priority mail lol! but I just couldn't find any bass to test it on. I did have bass in the Cape Cod canal knocking an Oldsalts pencil plug out of the water time after time but not hooking up with it.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 6/18/2010, 9:30 pm

Sounds like a great trip Charlie. Despite the frequent trips to the porta's. What's it like seeing the scariest fishing spot in RI? Got pics? Don't remember seeing such a place on a dvd..... lol!
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 6/19/2010, 12:09 am

I didn't take but a few pix of bob but I'll see if bob took some pix and ask him to send them to me or post them.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 6/19/2010, 3:55 pm

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TIME HAD BY U GUYS.... Charlie.... 870783
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER