Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swimmin is Livin

+4
smitty
stevel
Kevnmary
Skish1
8 posters

Go down

Swimmin is Livin Empty Swimmin is Livin

Post  Skish1 5/27/2010, 3:47 pm

Howdy folks, My Skishin partner Jake has alreay introduced himself, so here I am as well.
I am a surfcaster and skisher by choice, and gave up my boats about 7 years ago, might be 8.
I'm a plug buildin, rod wrappin, Striped Bass obsessed fool.
I travel the coast as far and as often as I can. My primary stoppin grounds are the rocks of Rhodie.
Hate sand beaches and you can have the canal..............
Aint cut a Bunker or owned a sinker in years.

Skish1

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Swimmin is Livin Empty Re: Swimmin is Livin

Post  Kevnmary 5/27/2010, 3:52 pm

Welcome Skish. You guys are animals. You'll have to report some of your stories we love to read those extreme fishing adventures.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 5/27/2010, 3:54 pm

Welcome To SBO WELCOME SKISH ENJOY THE SITE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR WORK AND REPORTS Welcome To SBO
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 5/27/2010, 4:02 pm

hey welcome to the site.

hey if we get enough interest i will make a skishing forum for you guys to do your reports and answer questions and just brag if you want lol ...

Welcome To SBO
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 5/27/2010, 5:12 pm

Swimmin is Livin 742713
Swimmin is Livin 622665
Welcome To SBO
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 5/27/2010, 6:26 pm

hey skish welcome... enjoy your stay... can't wait to see your plugs and rods........ and what the hell is skishing?

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  Skish1 5/28/2010, 9:59 am

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
As far as a skishing forum, if you think theres enough interest, fire it up, otherwise we will utilize the surfcasters forum.
What is Skishing? I thought most if not all surfcasters had heard of it. Its been around for a few years now and was a sort of natural progression from wet suit surf casting. Began in Montauk, as a way to get away from the crowds. Swim to an off shore, out of casting distance rock and you aint elbow to elbow anymore. Paul Melnik is credited with actually giving it the name. When you hook into a large you kinda ski behind it while your fighting it. so hence Ski Fishing shortened to skishing. We tend to take it to the last extreme which is not climbing out onto anything, prefering to stay in the water and actually fish in much the same way I did when I still had the boats. The presentation is more natural, and less stressfull on the airborn wrecked knees.
Jake has already posted his website, of which I also contribute. Informational, non commercial, and a fun read.
www.skishingnewengland.com You will see a photo essay of a series of pictures we took, as we swam a mile and a half off of Brentons Reef Newport Rhode Island. We were actually on the outside of a reef called Seal Rock.
I am also the National President of Stripercoast surfcasters, and Jake is the National VP.
I also have a facebook page, Ed Fagnant. Yeah my last name caused a great deal of attention in High School and Parris Island, needless to say I learned to defend myself at a young age. Im 49 now.

Skish1

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 5/28/2010, 12:23 pm

thanks for the info skish..... although i've been surf fishing for a few years now i'm still not up on all the lingo. skishing sounds like a interesting and fun way to fish. just another way of fishing i'll never get the chance to try.

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  doublerunner 6/10/2010, 2:42 pm

I just joined this site and I know Skish1 and Jake. Great guys and extreme surfcasters. Yesterday at sunrise he got 4 skishing while I got 2 from the rocks. Heck we even got a guy from NJ coming up to skish with us now. I can see skishing becoming very popular in the upcoming years. Especially us old guys as it's easier on the joints than rock hopping
doublerunner
doublerunner

Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 6/10/2010, 3:52 pm

doublerunner wrote:I just joined this site and I know Skish1 and Jake. Great guys and extreme surfcasters. Yesterday at sunrise he got 4 skishing while I got 2 from the rocks. Heck we even got a guy from NJ coming up to skish with us now. I can see skishing becoming very popular in the upcoming years. Especially us old guys as it's easier on the joints than rock hopping

great job... cool
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 6/27/2010, 9:24 pm

Welcome To SBO Welcome aboard Shish! Enjoy the ride...Great site!

Bluesfish Swimmin is Livin 870783
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: