Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Man Yak

3 posters

Go down

Big Man Yak Empty Big Man Yak

Post  Kevnmary 3/19/2010, 2:08 pm

OK so Ive been dieting and I've dropped 45 lbs since Xmas but I still haven't broken through the 300 plateau. I will always be a big guy but I'm trying. If I was interested in buying my first yak what brand and model would you guys recommend for someone my size. I'm 6'3" and right around 300lbs. I would probably use it in the bays and rivers and maybe even our lake. I dont want to break the bank and would probably look for something used. Let me know what I sould be looking for.

Thanks in advance.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Big Man Yak Empty Re: Big Man Yak

Post  HONEYHOLEDIPPER 3/20/2010, 1:37 am

Hey , u got to try before you buy, look for a left over or used, Ocean's Big Game is a floating barge , sits high ,and wide, very stable , draw back is a little slow, for u r sz at 6'3 you want a 15 ft yak, Ocean's ProwlerTrident is 1 to try out also, (try b-4-u-buy)

Belhaven has them all and you can try em in the lake. 800-445-0953
keep up with your weight lost plan and if you want to try and fish in 1 u are welcome to try in 1 of mine ok.
rick
HONEYHOLEDIPPER
HONEYHOLEDIPPER

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 3/20/2010, 9:25 am

Hobie outback, Malibu x-factor. Fished with a guy that had a big game, it is a load, he got rid of it quick. If you go to the saltwater show, stop by the coastal flyrodders booth and ask for JonS, tell him Agent sent you, he knows more about yaks then anyone. He does not work for any of the Co's. He will give you a straight answer.
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 3/20/2010, 10:11 am

Hobies are waaaaay out of my price range. Thats something I would graduate to if I like it! Big Man Yak 962367
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum