Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loki Offer to SBO Members.

+3
surffishn
BrianM38
Loki
7 posters

Go down

Loki Offer to  SBO Members. Empty Loki Offer to SBO Members.

Post  Loki 3/13/2009, 10:58 am

SeaSliders are deceptively simple in design, they look like they must be easy to make. They are not. It tkes me 7-8 weeks to make a batch of 100 if I push real hard. By comparison some builders can do 100 lures one week.

PRELUDE TO THE OFFER - The Black SeaSlider and the Yellow SeaSlider were done in 08' and I've got about 8 of each left from a batch of over 100 SeaSliders. I'm offering them at my standard $30.00 price but I'm absorbing the shipping cost.

THE NEW OFFER-I'm very pleased that Smitty and gang have established this site and to the members of this site I will offer the same deal for new custom work.
Contact me,Let me know what you're looking for, place an order, pay for it thru PayPal (I email you an invoice from PayPal and you pay however you want thru PayPal) and I will build it for you.
Don't wait too long, I can only do so many.
Big Girl Bass season is coming up fast and I'm not going to miss it.
Plus I recently sustained an injury in the shop from a kickback (split the tip of my index finger/broke it and lost my fingernail)To other builders all I can say is don't get overconfident with your power tools, always take the necessary steps to avoid injury!
I'm thinking I can do about 20 or so before the girls arrive.

I posted a couple customs on the Black SeaSlider thread.
Loki
Loki

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Loki Offer to  SBO Members. Empty Re: Loki Offer to SBO Members.

Post  BrianM38 3/13/2009, 9:25 pm

Man, I hate ever hearing about any of you guys getting hurt. I wish you a fast and full recovery. Very nice gesture on the special orders cheers
BrianM38
BrianM38

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post  surffishn 3/14/2009, 12:19 am

Wishing you a quick recovery.Man that hurts just thinking about it.

surffishn
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post  HandCarvedLures 3/15/2009, 12:04 pm

Ouch, fingernail :affraid: I stabbed my right thumbnail with the carved tapered tail just lightly and it hurt like he^l
cant imagine the nail missing , did I do this one already :affraid: the sliders are awesome . cant wait to use my yellow one, I was speaking with some guys at the show about them and they all said they produced.
HandCarvedLures
HandCarvedLures

Number of posts : 183

http://www.handcarvedlures.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Trouble 3/15/2009, 2:23 pm

Interesting looking plug. How and under what conditions would I fish it?
Thanks.

Trouble

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Loki 3/15/2009, 2:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Subject: Re: Loki SeaSlider's For Sale-Yellow-See Video [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]3/12/2009, 11:18 am[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Below is some info and a link to a video which may be helpful

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is one I did recently for snook 5.5inches 1.9oz.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Loki
SeaSlider
The SeaSlider, is a swimbait/jerkbait, and was originally developed because I had need of a swimming lure that would cast really far. A SeaSlider is a wide bodied lure and does an effective job of imitating widebodied baitfish such as Herring, Menhaden, Alewife, Shad etc.. SeaSliders can be especially effective during the springtime transition period when the gamefish are beginning to look up instead of down for food.
I also like to slow roll it at night.
Most of them sink slowly but I can also make them to float or sink faster

Retrieves

The Pump --- A very effective retrieve—Point your rod tip toward the lure and sweep the rod slowly to the side, move the rod back to the starting position while reeling up the slack. As you reel up the slack the lure has paused. I find most fish strike when you begin your next sweep. The lures sudden, apparent escape triggers the strike. Vary the speed of the sweep and the length of the pause. Throw in a twitch or pull or two if you like.

Steady Retrieve --- No mystery here-- Slow , medium, fast. Let the fish tell you what they want.

Wounded Baitfish Retrieve --- While retrieving the lure occasionally twitch and pull and pause it, in whatever combination you think will draw a strike. Just keep in mind how a wounded or disoriented bait fish would behave. Be the baitfish.

Sub-Surface Walk-The-Dog --- Mostly for active fish, just repeatedly snap the rod to the side with a rhythmical tempo causing the lure to go right then left then right, etc., etc. throw in some pauses or twitches if you like.

Surface Retrieve---Recently I got word from several anglers who ccaught some nice bass that when worked up to the surface my SeaSliders can be skipped and worked on the surface like a Ranger.

Casting --- To get a little extra distance on a cast especially into a headwind. Angle your cast higher than normal, the change in distance can be dramatic. The lure will often ride over the wind like a sailboat.

Lure Changes --- The hooks that came with your lure will eventually have to be changed. If you want the lure to behave the way it did when you first used it you must USE THE SAME HOOK & SIZE. Each lure is tuned to the specific hook it came with. If you want to experiment, go ahead, mix and match. Try other hooks see what the lure will do with a different style and or size hook. A siwash on the tail usually increases the swimming action.
Adding a bucktail will decrease the swimming action. Make the bucktail smaller and you can get much of that swimming action back.

Loki
Loki

Back to top Go down

Loki Offer to  SBO Members. Empty Room For A Few More

Post  Loki 3/17/2009, 10:57 am

Thanks to everyone who has ordered so far.

If any one else is interested please let me know soon or

I won't be able to guarantee delivery by the end of April

tight lines
Greg
Loki
Loki

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 3/17/2009, 9:14 pm

im going in for my 3rd neck surgery in less then 2 years do i get a discount LOL yours is most likly more painfull ... FOR real the hand has a ass load more nerves or nerve endings .. im a car wrench and i had a strut come out and blew my finger apart .. i passed out from the pain .. the neck hurt like hell and still does .... hand pain is nasty neck is like being tortured .. Loki Offer to  SBO Members. 177925

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Loki Offer to  SBO Members. Empty A FEW MORE

Post  Loki 3/31/2009, 10:32 am

For this offer I can do 6 more, then it will close.

I have some of the Yellow SeaSlider's And Black w/Gold Scale SeaSliders left as well.

Thank you to those who have ordered so far.

Greg
Loki
Loki

Back to top Go down

Post  jettyjunkie 3/31/2009, 12:04 pm

im sorry to hear about your injury get well
jettyjunkie
jettyjunkie

Number of posts : 633

Back to top Go down

Loki Offer to  SBO Members. Empty End Bonus Plug

Post  Loki 4/2/2009, 4:52 pm

AS OF this Post April 2, 2009
To all those who have ordered SeaSliders thru SBO to date, Either new work or last years stock.(The 08 Yellow or the black/gold/purple)

I am including a bonus plug with your order.
this is not to get more business as this bonus plug deal was secret and is over, plus I can't afford to give away any more freebies. Sorry.
tight lines
Greg

SeaSlider's can still be ordered, I just can't offer the bonus
Loki
Loki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down