Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Listing on Craigslist "Lefty plugs" $1000

+9
smitty
Gremlin
rebelmusicnp
REDBASS
joesfishinproblem
Kevnmary
whitey
Oldsalts
tom1276
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Listing on Craigslist "Lefty plugs" $1000 Empty Listing on Craigslist "Lefty plugs" $1000

Post  tom1276 1/20/2010, 6:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Come on he sold his lures for $25 a piece or right around there. It just pisses me off to see guys sell stuff after a builder passes away and get astronomical prices for lures that are never going to be built again better yet fished and make out on the deal. It's cruel and uncalled for.

How many of you feel the same way??
tom1276
tom1276

Number of posts : 572

Back to top Go down

Listing on Craigslist "Lefty plugs" $1000 Empty Re: Listing on Craigslist "Lefty plugs" $1000

Post  Oldsalts 1/20/2010, 7:03 pm

tom1276 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Come on he sold his lures for $25 a piece or right around there. It just pisses me off to see guys sell stuff after a builder passes away and get astronomical prices for lures that are never going to be built again better yet fished and make out on the deal. It's cruel and uncalled for.

How many of you feel the same way??

Well Said Tom...!!!!!!
......Leaches come to mind..... Listing on Craigslist "Lefty plugs" $1000 870783
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Listing on Craigslist "Lefty plugs" $1000 Empty Re: Listing on Craigslist "Lefty plugs" $1000

Post  whitey 1/20/2010, 7:24 pm

its the same with tickets to events sporting or music its bull chips ... try and take your kid or 2 to a game or something no tickets avalible but some scum bag has them for 8 times face value ..... i think we all feel the same on the lure topic ..... ED how are u feeling ??? Listing on Craigslist "Lefty plugs" $1000 92223

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 1/20/2010, 7:25 pm

I would be surprised if he got $1000 for 12 plugs but hey if he can so what? I would probably give him 500-600 for them. Even before Lefty passed his plugs were selling for 50-60 each. The fact that he sold them for $25 is irrelevant, they were next to impossible to get. You had to be in line at 3:00am on one particular day each year for a chance to buy 3 or 4 of his plugs. 12 plugs means this guy had to do that 3 or 4 years in a row. I for one believe that dedication deserves some compensation.
I agree that there is a certain morbidity in capitalizing in someone's death but that is done all the time especially with art. And while Lefty's plugs were functional they are also considered art by many and art is an investment that appreciates (hopefully). I currently own 2 Lefty plugs and I would not sell them for anywhere close to $25 each but I may sell them for $100 each. I dont remember what I paid for them but I can say I never waited on line for a Lefty plug so its a safe bet I paid in the 50-60 range for them. If the market decides that his legacy is worth $100 a plug or more, so be it.

That's my 2 cents, I believe in Capitalism. Do I feel bad that Lefty and Gary and Habs passed away too soon, sure I do but do I blame anyone selling their plugs at inflated values, no I dont.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 1/20/2010, 7:27 pm

man i wonder how much smitty's plugs will be..i can shoot him if anyone needs to make alil cash lol lol lol
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 1/20/2010, 7:28 pm

Kevnmary wrote:I would be surprised if he got $1000 for 12 plugs but hey if he can so what? I would probably give him 500-600 for them. Even before Lefty passed his plugs were selling for 50-60 each. The fact that he sold them for $25 is irrelevant, they were next to impossible to get. You had to be in line at 3:00am on one particular day each year for a chance to buy 3 or 4 of his plugs. 12 plugs means this guy had to do that 3 or 4 years in a row. I for one believe that dedication deserves some compensation.
I agree that there is a certain morbidity in capitalizing in someone's death but that is done all the time especially with art. And while Lefty's plugs were functional they are also considered art by many and art is an investment that appreciates (hopefully). I currently own 2 Lefty plugs and I would not sell them for anywhere close to $25 each but I may sell them for $100 each. I dont remember what I paid for them but I can say I never waited on line for a Lefty plug so its a safe bet I paid in the 50-60 range for them. If the market decides that his legacy is worth $100 a plug or more, so be it.

That's my 2 cents, I believe in Capitalism. Do I feel bad that Lefty and Gary and Habs passed away too soon, sure I do but do I blame anyone selling their plugs at inflated values, no I dont.

hey kev can i hang clams on them...
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 1/20/2010, 7:33 pm

THATS NOT RIGHT. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CANT GIVE AWAY SMITTY PLUGS. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 1/20/2010, 7:38 pm

joesfishinproblem wrote:
Kevnmary wrote:I would be surprised if he got $1000 for 12 plugs but hey if he can so what? I would probably give him 500-600 for them. Even before Lefty passed his plugs were selling for 50-60 each. The fact that he sold them for $25 is irrelevant, they were next to impossible to get. You had to be in line at 3:00am on one particular day each year for a chance to buy 3 or 4 of his plugs. 12 plugs means this guy had to do that 3 or 4 years in a row. I for one believe that dedication deserves some compensation.

hey kev can i hang clams on them...

NO WAY A JOEFISHINGPROBLEM SIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listing on Craigslist "Lefty plugs" $1000 560155
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 1/20/2010, 10:40 pm

i just bought the lot. too late guys!
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 1/20/2010, 10:42 pm

rebelmusicnp wrote:i just bought the lot. too late guys!
ur wife will shoot u in the face if u bought those then my spook would be worth alot lol
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremlin 1/20/2010, 10:50 pm

I don't like it either nor do I agree.......but it is what it is. Fixter Pikies that were $40 and now selling for $70 and up and Mike is still making them. Gary 2's......Habs......Twisteds......Troublemaker......Plugcasters.....BM's. The list goes on and on.

At least the fishermen down in Jersey had a chance to get Leftys and G2's at retail.

How do you stop it?
Gremlin
Gremlin
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 452

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 1/20/2010, 11:28 pm

joesfishinproblem wrote:man i wonder how much smitty's plugs will be..i can shoot him if anyone needs to make alil cash lol lol lol

lol my guess is nothing as they are now lol..... lol!
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 1/20/2010, 11:45 pm

smitty dont say that just the other day i used a smitty bunker to level out a table, very useful. lol lol
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 1/21/2010, 12:09 am

joesfishinproblem wrote:smitty dont say that just the other day i used a smitty bunker to level out a table, very useful. lol lol
Listing on Craigslist "Lefty plugs" $1000 56958 good one lol
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Listing on Craigslist "Lefty plugs" $1000 Empty okay......

Post  skippy 1/21/2010, 12:23 am

Lefty has passed,,, no ones plugs should be worth more then his, sept maybe wade, because of small production.
Less then ninety for a plug that will never be made again is a steal, and at least two plugs in that photo could be one of a kind, my personal opinion is that it is a pretty good deal.

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 1/21/2010, 10:16 am

Sad to say but it's part of collecting
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 1/21/2010, 11:10 am

fish factor wrote:Sad to say but it's part of collecting
I hear ya bro.Thats why i'm going to get out of the collecting game.Got too many box's full of collectable as it is now.Man-If my wife ever found out what i paid for some of the plugs i would be put out to the curb..... affraid
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 1/21/2010, 12:25 pm

joe, i can't even by swivels without explaining to my wife the purchase...haha...it's for Ella or we aren't buying it. Very Happy
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 1/21/2010, 1:47 pm

Smoke wrote:
fish factor wrote:Sad to say but it's part of collecting
I hear ya bro.Thats why i'm going to get out of the collecting game.Got too many box's full of collectable as it is now.Man-If my wife ever found out what i paid for some of the plugs i would be put out to the curb..... affraid

I hear that Joe!!

I got out a few months ago myself. But there will always be guys to take our place and that's not a bad thing. There are plenty of affordable plugs that catch fish and there are plenty of affordable plugs that look just a nice on a shelf. I caught more fish on $1.00 teasers last year than any $25 plug. I have nothing against the guys buying or selling Lefty's, Gary's, or Habs. It's the nature of the market ---- short supply + High demand = higher prices ------
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Back to top Go down

Listing on Craigslist "Lefty plugs" $1000 Empty Okay ,,,,

Post  skippy 1/21/2010, 5:24 pm

Without even taking in the fact of collectablity......the finest fish catchers ever made, fishermen know it...
With no due respect here, "Lefty" built his reputation without the market agenda of a propagandist website who was getting a piece of the asses they sucked.....If any of you people think that any lurebuilder
has built a fish catcher that can compete with "Leftys or Wades", you truley are misguided,,,,,thanks to a
dishonest media site, that up till recently was taken seriously.....
I will be Brutaly honest here,,,,,Big fish were always on our jetty,,,Every week someone showed up with whatever they just purchased off the website,, Gary, Habs, Twisted, they truley believed these were the greatest plugs ever,,, I mean they must be if that is what the website said lol!
Well,, these video door slammers usually left the same way they came, ... WITH NO FISH!!!!!!!
No fish catchers can compete with Leftys or Wades, certainly not mine, and to think that anyone else might, is just being untruthful, ...... skippy

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 1/21/2010, 5:35 pm

skippy wrote:Without even taking in the fact of collectablity......the finest fish catchers ever made, fishermen know it...
With no due respect here, "Lefty" built his reputation without the market agenda of a propagandist website who was getting a piece of the asses they sucked.....If any of you people think that any lurebuilder
has built a fish catcher that can compete with "Leftys or Wades", you truley are misguided,,,,,thanks to a
dishonest media site, that up till recently was taken seriously.....
I will be Brutaly honest here,,,,,Big fish were always on our jetty,,,Every week someone showed up with whatever they just purchased off the website,, Gary, Habs, Twisted, they truley believed these were the greatest plugs ever,,, I mean they must be if that is what the website said lol!
Well,, these video door slammers usually left the same way they came, ... WITH NO FISH!!!!!!!
No fish catchers can compete with Leftys or Wades, certainly not mine, and to think that anyone else might, is just being untruthful, ...... skippy

Give yourself some credit here Skip, Your smaller Jersey Killer get more hits for me than any other piece of wood I throw. Listing on Craigslist "Lefty plugs" $1000 962367
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 1/21/2010, 8:40 pm

kev if u only get 3 hits a year and two of them were on a skippy that does not count lol lol lol.....
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Back to top Go down

Post  asbury guy 1/21/2010, 9:20 pm

WOW and I have 110 of them. Not for sale.
asbury guy
asbury guy

Number of posts : 373

http://www.asburyparkfishingclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 1/21/2010, 9:44 pm

asbury guy wrote:WOW and I have 110 of them. Not for sale.

hey steve i will give u ten billion dollhairs for them lol
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Back to top Go down

Listing on Craigslist "Lefty plugs" $1000 Empty ha...

Post  skippy 1/22/2010, 4:31 pm

joesfishinproblem wrote:kev if u only get 3 hits a year and two of them were on a skippy that does not count lol lol lol.....
Listing on Craigslist "Lefty plugs" $1000 56958 Listing on Craigslist "Lefty plugs" $1000 56958

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next