Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

quick intro and ?

+8
REDBASS
first2wins
IRON LURES
dozer 277
stevel
eurojett05
whitey
cereal killer
12 posters

Go down

quick intro and ? Empty quick intro and ?

Post  cereal killer 1/20/2010, 5:25 pm

Hello all, I'm new to this site and I'm glad that I accidentally stumbled across it. I recognize most names from the other sites. I live in Frisco, the Bay Area, or as a lot of people would say, the "gay area." Not that there's anything wrong with that. I started goofing around with this building stuff about a year and a half ago. And it definitely gave me a learning experience on several levels. As well as being a tremendous amount of fun and frustration. I will try to post pics of my work and of my little 8X8 shed that I work out of so there's little mystery as to where and how I make my plugs.
Now, on to my question. Of these 3, NJ Tackle, CC Tackle and SaltyBugger:
1. Which one is the best stocked i.e. if they have the item you want as "in stock" on their web site, that they actually have the item in physical stock and ready to ship?
2. Who delivers the fastest?

Thanks in advance for your help. cheers

cereal killer

Number of posts : 453

Back to top Go down

quick intro and ? Empty Re: quick intro and ?

Post  whitey 1/20/2010, 5:42 pm

i get all my hooks from nj tackle real fast nice guys

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 1/20/2010, 5:43 pm

Hey CK...I'm in South County. Perhaps we could get together one of these days.

Show us some pics of what you've made so far. We all here love to see pics of plugs made by other builders. I warn you though about this guy name SteveL, He is the "King" .......LOL.

quick intro and ? 56958

I have purchased my supplies from the first 2, and never tried the 3rd.
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 1/20/2010, 6:11 pm

Welcome To SBO high ck welcome ...cant wait to see your work.... quick intro and ? 962367 quick intro and ? 962367 Welcome To SBO

OH YES AND JETT IS RITE..... lol! lol!
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 1/20/2010, 6:37 pm

only familiar with NJ tackle i use them exclusively. good prices and they respond quickly to any questions. they are also very well stocked. i bought all my hardware in bulk and havent ordered in a while but will be soon since i'm getting low on some stuff.

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  IRON LURES 1/20/2010, 6:40 pm

i do all my business with Cape Cod Tackle... Mike has the best prices, he ships fast too. You can call him with questions too, he's a great builder and has stuff that might not be on the site...

good luck!
Cory
IRON LURES
IRON LURES
SPONSOR
SPONSOR

Number of posts : 264

http://www.ironlures.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cereal killer 1/20/2010, 6:41 pm

Thanks for the quick reply guys. The reason I asked that is because I want to know whether I should get my supplies from some place else. Up to this point, I've been getting my supplies from NJ Tackle. But it takes several weeks for my stuff to arrive. Every time I place my order. I call and ask if they have the stuff I want in stock and everytime they say that it's "in stock" yet it takes them at least 2-3 wks before they ship anything out. They should at least send me an email saying it will be delayed or at least update their website. Anyone else have this problem. I've tried Terminal Tackle they're good and prompt but they don"t carry tail weights and grommets.

cereal killer

Back to top Go down

Post  first2wins 1/20/2010, 7:31 pm

I have always gotten my NJ Tackle stuff quickly….that week or the next.

Cape Cod Tackle used recently and they got the order out fast as well. I did how ever order 10z tail weights and they were all ¾. I contacted them about it not knowing if it was a mistake or if all there lead comes in light due to tin content. I was credited and the email didn’t clarify it but did mention that all the weights he had in that 1 oz order were light.
first2wins
first2wins

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

quick intro and ? Empty shop/plug pix

Post  cereal killer 1/20/2010, 7:32 pm

So this is where I make em. It used to be a garden shed but I converted it to a little plug making den. It's hecka small, just an 8x8 shed. But I'm glad that I have it.
quick intro and ? Shop_p25quick intro and ? Shop_p24
quick intro and ? Shop_p26
quick intro and ? Shop_p27
quick intro and ? Shop_p28
quick intro and ? Shop_p29
quick intro and ? Shop_p30
quick intro and ? Shop_p31
quick intro and ? Shop_p32

cereal killer

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 1/20/2010, 7:43 pm

wow.. affraid affraid I like what I see.. drool drool awsome .... quick intro and ? 962367 quick intro and ? 962367
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 1/20/2010, 7:43 pm

i dont think those will work on the east coast ... that green top swimmer you should maybe send me to test it for you .. i wouldnt want you to trade one and it doesnt swim right in the atlantic ocean .... the water is different from west side to east side .... just tring to help quick intro and ? 92223

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 1/20/2010, 7:57 pm

quick intro and ? 22943 WELCOME TOO SBO CK. BOTH ARE GOOD NJ AND CC. NICE SHOP. quick intro and ? 22943
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 1/20/2010, 7:58 pm

looking good bro
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 1/20/2010, 9:11 pm

Nice looking cave there CK and your plug building is awesome. I have to agree with you on NJ Tackle....It does take a while for my orders to get here...about a week and a half. But then again...i use the cheapest way of shipping.
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  cereal killer 1/22/2010, 6:13 pm

I appreciate all your kind words. I find it very encouraging.

eurojett05 wrote:Hey CK...I'm in South County. Perhaps we could get together one of these days.

Show us some pics of what you've made so far. We all here love to see pics of plugs made by other builders. I warn you though about this guy name SteveL, He is the "King" .......LOL.

quick intro and ? 56958

I have purchased my supplies from the first 2, and never tried the 3rd.

Hey eurojett05, that would be awesome. You and ratts427 produce amazing work. I know I'll get more knowledge from you.

whitey wrote:i dont think those will work on the east coast ... that green top swimmer you should maybe send me to test it for you .. i wouldnt want you to trade one and it doesnt swim right in the atlantic ocean .... the water is different from west side to east side .... just tring to help quick intro and ? 92223

lol. one of these days......

cereal killer

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 1/22/2010, 7:27 pm

CK - Welcome To SBO looking forward to your participation.

I get my supplies from NJT, CCT, Lure parts online and Janns netcraft, they all have good service. Each company has something exclusive that I use. I have had problems on occasion with Lure Parts or Janns being out of stock on an item.
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  SALTYDOG 1/23/2010, 2:07 pm

VERY NICE, SET UP quick intro and ? 962367 guess you dont use the ones hanging, just send them to me an Ill fish'em for you quick intro and ? 870783 an send you pic's
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN quick intro and ? 962367
SALTYDOG
SALTYDOG
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 332

Back to top Go down

Post  highhook 1/24/2010, 2:37 pm

quick intro and ? 742713 CK...your going to love it here,no doubt !! Nice steup and nice work. Glad to have ya ....highhook

highhook

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down