Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOST MEMORABLE TRIP ST SEA:

+10
Smoke
Fleet Commander
naspinsz
AKScuba
Kevnmary
Beachboy
jettyjunkie
Oldsalts
jajim 11
fishincrazy
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MOST MEMORABLE TRIP ST SEA: Empty MOST MEMORABLE TRIP ST SEA:

Post  fishincrazy 2/17/2009, 9:11 am

WRITE ABOUT A TRIP THAT STICKS OUT IN YOUR MIND,AND IS A GO TO STORY WHEN YOUR TALKIN FISHIN ON THE WATER!!!

HERE"S MINE ---- Last vetrans day I took jajim and one of his friends out on a head boat for
bluefish.The bite was slow and the crowd was large.Throughout the trip we had some
frustrating fishing,but watching my son and his buddy interact.Well it made a Daddy proud!!
The boys had a great time bonding as 2 men only can while fishing.Their friendship has
grown since this trip,and they look forward to another adventure with me. Very Happy

FC cheers

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

MOST MEMORABLE TRIP ST SEA: Empty Re: MOST MEMORABLE TRIP ST SEA:

Post  jajim 11 2/17/2009, 9:10 pm

it was fun my freind and i had the best time ever
cheers
jajim 11
jajim 11

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 2/19/2009, 11:07 pm

jajim 11 wrote:it was fun my freind and i had the best time ever
cheers

Glad you had a great time ....awesome .....
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jettyjunkie 2/22/2009, 1:18 pm

i was on my dads boat this past summer we both limited out on the fluke and sea bass and i caught a 13lb fluke that day and a 4lb seabass it was one of my fav trips ever
jettyjunkie
jettyjunkie

Number of posts : 633

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 2/22/2009, 1:23 pm

jettyjunkie wrote:i was on my dads boat this past summer we both limited out on the fluke and sea bass and i caught a 13lb fluke that day and a 4lb seabass it was one of my fav trips ever

Good deal any pic's????

FC cheers

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Beachboy 3/1/2009, 5:34 pm

i can remeber my best5 time at sea :king:
Beachboy
Beachboy

Number of posts : 282

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 3/1/2009, 5:38 pm

Beachboy wrote:i can remeber my best5 time at sea :king:

Well hey BB tell us!!!! cheers

FC cheers

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Beachboy 3/1/2009, 6:03 pm

May 2007 I was fishing in my dad's boat with him and my 2 uncles. We were about a mile off the red church and we found a school of stripers. I caught my first striper of my life on a white gibbs darter. The fish weighed 17.5 pounds. its the one I'm holding in my profile picture. Too bad it is still the only striper I ever caught. :( My dad has promised to take me surf fishing this year but I only have hip waders so the ocean will have to be very calm or we will have to stick to the bay. I cant wait to catch my first striper on one of the plugs I painted. :cyclops:
Beachboy
Beachboy

Back to top Go down

MOST MEMORABLE TRIP ST SEA: Empty BIG RED LETTERS:

Post  fishincrazy 3/1/2009, 6:07 pm

Beachboy wrote:May 2007 I was fishing in my dad's boat with him and my 2 uncles. We were about a mile off the red church and we found a school of stripers. I caught my first striper of my life on a white gibbs darter. The fish weighed 17.5 pounds. its the one I'm holding in my profile picture. Too bad it is still the only striper I ever caught. :( My dad has promised to take me surf fishing this year but I only have hip waders so the ocean will have to be very calm or we will have to stick to the bay. I cant wait to catch my first striper on one of the plugs I painted. :cyclops:

GOOD DEAL!!!!! cheers cheers

POST SOME OF PLUGS ON THE PLUG BUILDER FOURM!!!

FC cheers

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Beachboy 3/1/2009, 6:29 pm

I don't have pics yet
Beachboy
Beachboy

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 3/1/2009, 6:44 pm

Beachboy wrote:

I don't have pics yet

I can't wait to see em when you have em!!!! cheers

FC cheers

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Beachboy 3/1/2009, 8:28 pm

I got pics they'll be up in a few :affraid:
Beachboy
Beachboy

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 3/4/2009, 10:39 am

Beachboy wrote:I got pics they'll be up in a few :affraid:

Hey Beachboy How you commin with those pic's??????Let me know if you need help!!!

FC cheers

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 3/4/2009, 12:36 pm

We figured it out. He posted some pix in the plug builder forum.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 3/4/2009, 1:28 pm

Kevnmary wrote:We figured it out. He posted some pix in the plug builder forum.

Cool!!!!!!! cheers

FC cheers

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  AKScuba 3/4/2009, 11:58 pm

Gettin bit by friggin sharks.... Twice on the same boat.... :suspect:
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

Post  naspinsz 3/5/2009, 1:03 am

canyon trip for tuna about 2 years ago...2 hour fight thinking i had one hell of a tuna..ended up being a 200lb mako that took a cedar plug! got it to the boat (touched the leader)..and released her back to cause some havoc lol
naspinsz
naspinsz

Number of posts : 514

Back to top Go down

Post  jettyjunkie 3/5/2009, 6:00 pm

fishincrazy wrote:
jettyjunkie wrote:i was on my dads boat this past summer we both limited out on the fluke and sea bass and i caught a 13lb fluke that day and a 4lb seabass it was one of my fav trips ever

Good deal any pic's????

FC cheers

Yea i got some pics of that day i will have to get them up for you guys
jettyjunkie
jettyjunkie

Number of posts : 633

Back to top Go down

Post  Fleet Commander 3/16/2009, 10:44 am

I was once heading out to the Hudson canyon. A Navy Sub came out of the water off my bow, looked like "Red Oktober". It scared the heck out of me.
Their surface speed is FAST!

Fleet Commander

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 3/16/2009, 11:30 am

We charted a boat with friends out of M in the early 90's had yellow/fin tuna up to 60lbs and blue sharks up 300lbs,A trip i'll never forget.lol :)
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

Back to top Go down

Post  smokejr 3/16/2009, 9:35 pm

my trip i will never forget is the time when i caught my pb and all the bass and blues last fall
Very Happy :)
smokejr
smokejr
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 3/18/2009, 2:43 pm

two years ago my father and i were fishing the back side off block island .. caught a 33 inch striper ,, a bunch of shorts and plent of blues ... it was getting late we had been there all day.. we had a 6 pack 40 footer boat toot his horn and give us the thumbs up early in the day when we got the 33 inch ..so i told my dad make a sweep by were he was sitting ... well we did and the rod buckled over like i never seen before .. we argued who was going to get it ... he told me .... i told him .... he won :lol: i lifted the rod and just as i was going to real SNAP .... i let out a VERY LOUD shucks .... we were trolling with wire and the swival broke... shucks,shucks, shucks i said... i jumped down into the cabin and got a very old rod that was hooked up with wire ... let it out hit the same spot ... WHAM the rod goes over again ... this time i got the fish in ... 43 inch striper the day after my 43 birthday happy b-day: that was very cool and fishin with my oldman i dont care if i dont catch .. its time well spent .... i lied i rather catch then take a boat ride LOL LOL LOL

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 3/18/2009, 3:17 pm

whitey wrote:two years ago my father and i were fishing the back side off block island .. caught a 33 inch striper ,, a bunch of shorts and plent of blues ... it was getting late we had been there all day.. we had a 6 pack 40 footer boat toot his horn and give us the thumbs up early in the day when we got the 33 inch ..so i told my dad make a sweep by were he was sitting ... well we did and the rod buckled over like i never seen before .. we argued who was going to get it ... he told me .... i told him .... he won :lol: i lifted the rod and just as i was going to real SNAP .... i let out a VERY LOUD shucks .... we were trolling with wire and the swival broke... shucks,shucks, shucks i said... i jumped down into the cabin and got a very old rod that was hooked up with wire ... let it out hit the same spot ... WHAM the rod goes over again ... this time i got the fish in ... 43 inch striper the day after my 43 birthday happy b-day: that was very cool and fishin with my oldman i dont care if i dont catch .. its time well spent .... i lied i rather catch then take a boat ride LOL LOL LOL

Nice story! I thought you were going to say you caught the 40 footer's anchor rode. Nice fish. I wish my dad was still around to go out on my boat. Although he'd probably be yuking the whole trip. I'd give just about anything to have one more day to fish with my father and introduce him to my kids. Maybe "If I build it, he will come"
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 3/19/2009, 1:11 pm

i forgot the best part ...my leg started hurting that night in the knee area ...said ahh i must have hit it... next day a little swelling but we went fishing .. it swelled a little more so we went back to the docks... i drove back to mass 2 hours got out of the truck and couldnt put weight on it ... so i limp into the house the ball and chain asked WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO ..answer dont know if it dont go down ill go to the doctors... monday my calf was the size of my thigh.. this aint good ... i had to show my face at work because the boss would think im still in R.I. fishing ... go up to the pissed off boss that just got off the phone with the 2nd person calling in sick... i cant work today WHATS YOUR FLIPPIN PROBLEM all nice like that .. i said i ll let you know what the doctor says ... his response when he seen my leg was the same but in a nice way this time... got sent to the er and spent a week in the hospital ... till this day dont know what caused it... antibiotics killed what ever it was

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 3/19/2009, 1:18 pm

whitey wrote:i forgot the best part ...my leg started hurting that night in the knee area ...said ahh i must have hit it... next day a little swelling but we went fishing .. it swelled a little more so we went back to the docks... i drove back to mass 2 hours got out of the truck and couldnt put weight on it ... so i limp into the house the ball and chain asked WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO ..answer dont know if it dont go down ill go to the doctors... monday my calf was the size of my thigh.. this aint good ... i had to show my face at work because the boss would think im still in R.I. fishing ... go up to the pissed off boss that just got off the phone with the 2nd person calling in sick... i cant work today WHATS YOUR FLIPPIN PROBLEM all nice like that .. i said i ll let you know what the doctor says ... his response when he seen my leg was the same but in a nice way this time... got sent to the er and spent a week in the hospital ... till this day dont know what caused it... antibiotics killed what ever it was

Wow I was going to guess a blood clot. Spider bite maybe?
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next