Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Explorer Question

3 posters

Go down

Ford Explorer Question Empty Ford Explorer Question

Post  126andy 11/3/2009, 12:10 am

I have a 2001 Ford Explorer 4 door xlt. When I got this vehicle a few years ago I was given 2 coded keys to start the car but that's all. I either get in by the keypad on the door or with the remote.
I realized that if my battery goes dead for some reason that I have no way to get into the car because the door locks need the power to open and the keys I have open none of the doors.
Can I go to a Ford dealership with my registration and have them make me an entry key with the vin number or am I going to have to remove one of the locks and have a locksmith make me up a key to get in?
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Ford Explorer Question Empty Re: Ford Explorer Question

Post  tales 11/13/2009, 5:25 pm

The coded keys should manually unlock the door.
tales
tales

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post  126andy 11/13/2009, 9:35 pm

I had a pair of entry only keys made at Ford but the chip keys should work. I turned out that from only using the keypad and the remote the key locks oxidized inside. I sprayed the crap out of them with Kroil and lock ease and they started working again.
Good to know that you have to use the keys once in awhile because sooner or later you'll have a dead battery and wont be able to get in unless you keep the locks free.
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HONEYHOLEDIPPER 11/15/2009, 8:01 pm

Tape a spare key some where, as i had a freaky thing happen last nov at Holgate parking lot, I got out of my expo w/ it running and i buddy got out after me to hit the jons went to get back in the auto locks were goin up and down all by them selves over and over and would not stop,had to call for a lock out, guy got it open with a air bladder and hittin the window button down, what a freaky thing, coulda been worst , Like on the beach w/ tide comin in.Now I keep a spare hidden. TRU STORY[b]
HONEYHOLEDIPPER
HONEYHOLEDIPPER

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down