Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9/13 late afternoon report Manasquan area

3 posters

Go down

9/13 late afternoon report Manasquan area Empty 9/13 late afternoon report Manasquan area

Post  wink_man 9/13/2009, 9:27 pm

I went to a couple of my favorite spots along the river, as a friend of mine told me he got 4 bass in 20 minutes Saturday morning on the outgoing, up to 28 inches. I fished the end of the incoming, through slack water to the beginning of the outgoing. Not a single hit, nada. Weed and cabbage was minimal, however the water was extremely murky on the incoming, so murky you couldn't even see your lure at your feet. so I guess the water outside is still pretty roiled up from the storm. I may go back and try the outgoing in a bit, I have good water from 9 till midnight.

On another note, I saw a few friends, and got to socialize with 'grumpy old men', LMAO. Apparently the outgoing was pretty good at the inlet today for fluke, they caught quite a few, and Linda had a 5 pounder, all released. The fluke must sense the weather change and are prolly working their way out the inlet from the bay and river.
wink_man
wink_man

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

9/13 late afternoon report Manasquan area Empty BIG RED LETTERS!!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 9/13/2009, 9:31 pm

Great report Wink!!!!!!Lookin like you'll be seein me soon!!!!!!! :affraid: :affraid:

9/13 late afternoon report Manasquan area 92223 9/13 late afternoon report Manasquan area 92223 9/13 late afternoon report Manasquan area 92223 FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

9/13 late afternoon report Manasquan area Empty Re: 9/13 late afternoon report Manasquan area

Post  wink_man 9/14/2009, 12:39 am

Fished inside this evening at a couple of spots around the northern bay from 9 to 11, no hits, nothing. More importantly, I didn't feel any peanut bunker hitting my line. Water seems to warm yet for anything to be happening inside to any great degree. Mullet may be moving out, but the peanuts aren't going anywhere yet. I'm figuring another 2 weeks, at least, before things start happening inside, as far as stripers are concerned anyways.
wink_man
wink_man

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

9/13 late afternoon report Manasquan area Empty Re: 9/13 late afternoon report Manasquan area

Post  fishincrazy 9/14/2009, 8:01 am

wink_man wrote:Fished inside this evening at a couple of spots around the northern bay from 9 to 11, no hits, nothing. More importantly, I didn't feel any peanut bunker hitting my line. Water seems to warm yet for anything to be happening inside to any great degree. Mullet may be moving out, but the peanuts aren't going anywhere yet. I'm figuring another 2 weeks, at least, before things start happening inside, as far as stripers are concerned anyways.

Thanks for the report Wink!!!!!!!!!Bummer though!!!!!

FC :affraid:

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MissRiss 9/14/2009, 11:21 am

Thanks for the report! It's still a little early, but we should start seeing bigger bass by early Oct. we'll see how this weather goes.
MissRiss
MissRiss

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down