Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My maiden Voyage

2 posters

Go down

My maiden Voyage Empty My maiden Voyage

Post  126andy 9/13/2009, 3:38 pm

Took my new 09 Hobie outback mirage drive out for the maiden voyage today. It's nothing like my Tarpon 120. I found it easy to peddle but my legs were tired after a little bit.I seenm to remember that my arms were tired when I first got the Tarpon but they got used to the paddling pretty quick so I guess it will be the same with my legs.

I was a little screwed up launching off the beach (worried about the mirage drive on the beach but another thing I will have to work out. I fish a lot of creeks and today I forund myself nose in to the bullrushes and not being able to back up with the Hobie I was glad that I brought the paddle along just in case. I guess that will take some getting use to too. I'm used to back paddling and spinning around but with this I can't unless I use the paddle too.

The Hobie was very good against the wind and tide and got me where I wanted to go fast. I'm sure this kayak will be a plus fishing.

I ordered a set of the turbo fins to get the max out of the kayak, more room in this one than the Tarpon which is only 28" wide as opposed to the 33" of the Hobie.
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

My maiden Voyage Empty Re: My maiden Voyage

Post  fishincrazy 9/13/2009, 10:56 pm

Sounds Great Andy!!!!!!!!!!!!Lookin forward to your post's of your Hobie adventures!!!!!

My maiden Voyage 92223 My maiden Voyage 92223 My maiden Voyage 92223 FC My maiden Voyage 92223 My maiden Voyage 92223

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down