Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the ss minnow

3 posters

Go down

the ss minnow Empty the ss minnow

Post  whitey 7/16/2009, 9:32 pm

took my dads boat out by myself with my daughter and niece monday around 5 pm ... dad said boats running great and he just topped it off with gas ... i have NEVER takin it out with out him due to if a screw fell out of it i would NEVER here the end ... go out in the paukatuck river towards the ocean get out of the no wake area and hammer down ... boat comes out of the hole picking up speed and rpm.... backed the throttle down because we were flying and it dies ... WHAT THE ... wont start now we are a drift ... aahhhhh ... i go up let the anchor out and it wont grab ... aaahhhh ... pull it up and let it out still wont ... let more line out still nothing ... slowed us down but wouldnt grab .... drifting drifting drifting .. oh look at the huge rocks coming up and shore ... boat slides in just barly touching a rock and im in 2 feet of water and on the crap side of a bolder field with a dropping tide ... pull all the spark plugs plenty of spark ... take the fuel water seperator off full of water ... dump it into a container ... almost get it started nothing .. dump the seperator again all water ... now i get to good gas and still wont fire ... pull all the plugs again .. now the guy from the marina shows up to pull me out and tows me back .. fire the plugs in and the boat starts right up AAAAAHHHHHHH ... take it out to make sure its ok ... broke a trim tab off on a rock on my drifting ... $ 140.00 i love boating ... how was all of you guys and girls week LOL

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

the ss minnow Empty Re: the ss minnow

Post  Smoke 7/16/2009, 9:43 pm

Look at it this way could of been alot worst,glade to here that you and your daughter are ok..
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 7/16/2009, 10:42 pm

GLAD TOO HEAR YOU ALL ARE OK. 140.00 FOR BROKEN TRIM TABS. SMALL PRICE TOO PAY. THE BOULDERS WOULD HAVE BEEN A LOT WORSE. IT CAN BE FIXED YOU CANT BE FIXED SO EASY.
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down