Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TopWater Strikes....

3 posters

Go down

TopWater  Strikes.... Empty TopWater Strikes....

Post  Minivin5 6/29/2009, 8:37 pm

Is there anything more exhilarating than get a top water hit? Whether it is fishing for LMB on your favorite pond or Stripers in the surf, a top water hook up makes the hair on the back of my neck stand. Share some of your Top Water stories TopWater  Strikes.... 962367

Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

TopWater  Strikes.... Empty Re: TopWater Strikes....

Post  A.O.K. 6/29/2009, 9:38 pm

Mexico........August.........hot as hell and the sun is barely cresting the mountains behind us as we ready our SS poppers for battle.
Long rods,long casts and the anticipation is high for the early morning roosterfish bite.A few casts into the session and at the end of a 100+yard heave,the water explodes as if a cliff diver from Acapulco has severly missed his mark.Game on!
After a 40 minute epic battle,I was able to slide a 74 pound magnificent roosterfish up onto the wet sand.Where my buddy promptly pounced on it.Then we both had a hell of a time getting a firm hold on the beast as waves crashed on us,and the fish wanted to make a hasty retreat back to familiar surroundings.Finaly we were able to bring the fish up to the dry sand and stood in awe of the size,beauty and majesty of this great gamefish.
A.O.K.
A.O.K.

Number of posts : 249

http://www.aoktackle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 6/30/2009, 9:37 am

A.O.K. wrote:Mexico........August.........hot as hell and the sun is barely cresting the mountains behind us as we ready our SS poppers for battle.
Long rods,long casts and the anticipation is high for the early morning roosterfish bite.A few casts into the session and at the end of a 100+yard heave,the water explodes as if a cliff diver from Acapulco has severly missed his mark.Game on!
After a 40 minute epic battle,I was able to slide a 74 pound magnificent roosterfish up onto the wet sand.Where my buddy promptly pounced on it.Then we both had a hell of a time getting a firm hold on the beast as waves crashed on us,and the fish wanted to make a hasty retreat back to familiar surroundings.Finaly we were able to bring the fish up to the dry sand and stood in awe of the size,beauty and majesty of this great gamefish.

That's what am talkin about!! Rooster fish, how I envy you :twisted:
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 6/30/2009, 11:59 am

Nice A.O.K.! TopWater  Strikes.... 962367 TopWater  Strikes.... 962367
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down