Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plug Kits

+4
FJR
joesfishinproblem
klamman
fishpro
8 posters

Go down

Plug Kits Empty Plug Kits

Post  fishpro 6/26/2009, 11:14 pm

Does anyone know where I can get some plug kits from...for cheap? Or can someone make me some blanks. I have wire and can make metal lips.
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

Plug Kits Empty Re: Plug Kits

Post  klamman 6/27/2009, 10:26 am

I think salty kits are the best...www.saltybugger.com
klamman
klamman

Number of posts : 232

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 6/27/2009, 6:06 pm

yoyoyo fish pro wat kind of bodies are u looking for i am new at turning plugs but the 2 kinds i feel comfortable making is pencil poppers and littlkneck poppers.....i can make u a few if ya want....... Plug Kits 870783
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 6/27/2009, 8:39 pm

Also, go4broke on this site was doing kits.
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 6/27/2009, 8:46 pm

I would go with Brian's kits (Go4Broke) he makes a mean plug kit Plug Kits 962367
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 6/28/2009, 12:13 pm

I will take whatever you have JOE. I just got a badger 155 for fathers day and I am dying to use it. I will contact GO4BROKE and see what he says. Thanks guys cheers
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 6/30/2009, 9:53 am

fishpro we should get together some nite and turn a few and you can take it from there. i have all the stuff to make them. wires grommets and lips. lost a piece out of my airbrush this weekend and i'm out of painting commission right now.

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 6/30/2009, 10:06 am

dozer 277 wrote:fishpro we should get together some nite and turn a few and you can take it from there. i have all the stuff to make them. wires grommets and lips. lost a piece out of my airbrush this weekend and i'm out of painting commission right now.

Hey now that's an offer you can not refuse!! Way to go Dozer 277 you are the man cheers
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 6/30/2009, 11:41 am

no biggie i love to try different shapes and i have absolutely no creativity for color schemes. a fresh perspective would help me out. hey vin question, cleared a few this weekend and the E-tex never dried. am i screwed or is there some way out of this? set them outside saturday in the sun and that did not help either. must have messed up the mix. first time i've had this happen to me. gonna try a heat gun tonite but if i have to remove the clear i'm gonna ruin them i think. will at least have to repaint them. unfortunately they are already wired and the eyes are on them. Plug Kits 177925

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 6/30/2009, 11:55 am

Well I have never used Etex, but from what have heard is you can try to recoat it or burn it off with a torch. The hardware being complete is not a problem at all, when you prime, and paint just put a straw over the ends and in the belly holes. Maybe someone else will chime in.
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  go4broke 6/30/2009, 2:34 pm

for those of you who mentioned me, thanks for the kind words! Very Happy
go4broke
go4broke

Number of posts : 285

http://bsplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 6/30/2009, 4:04 pm

dozer 277 wrote:fishpro we should get together some nite and turn a few and you can take it from there. i have all the stuff to make them. wires grommets and lips. lost a piece out of my airbrush this weekend and i'm out of painting commission right now.

Dozer..sounds like a plan...fresh perspective is what I have. I have alot of different ideas that I would like to try cheers
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Striperknight 6/30/2009, 11:43 pm

dozer 277 wrote:no biggie i love to try different shapes and i have absolutely no creativity for color schemes. a fresh perspective would help me out. hey vin question, cleared a few this weekend and the E-tex never dried. am i screwed or is there some way out of this? set them outside saturday in the sun and that did not help either. must have messed up the mix. first time i've had this happen to me. gonna try a heat gun tonite but if i have to remove the clear i'm gonna ruin them i think. will at least have to repaint them. unfortunately they are already wired and the eyes are on them. Plug Kits 177925

You can recoat again with etex. Make sure you measure it correctly and stir it for 3 min. Time yourself mixing.
recoat with a thin coat.

Striperknight

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 7/1/2009, 1:43 pm

thanks striperknight and vin gonna try it tonite with the recoat. i think i rushed the mixing process. yeah i know i have absolutely no patience. fishpro i'm on days next week so wed thru friday any night will work give me a call next week. 973-886-7573. and i ordered the parts for my airbrush should get them friday so we can compare notes.

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down