Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

report for satrurday the 13th (without pics cause there was nothing to photo)

+7
Angler
fishincrazy
mikeybonz
Charlie G.
rebelmusicnp
REDBASS
joesfishinproblem
11 posters

Go down

report for satrurday the 13th (without pics cause there was nothing to photo) Empty report for satrurday the 13th (without pics cause there was nothing to photo)

Post  joesfishinproblem 6/13/2009, 9:35 pm

it sucked all day from 430 am to 700pm fished down south with rebelmusicnp,his buddy,rickstillcasting and tossingplugs.......jon was the big fish pool winner with a 9 inch bunker weighing in at 9 oz great job today jon keep up the good work......
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

report for satrurday the 13th (without pics cause there was nothing to photo) Empty Re: report for satrurday the 13th (without pics cause there was nothing to photo)

Post  REDBASS 6/13/2009, 10:04 pm

SO YOU GUYS ARE FISHING FOR BUNKER. COOL. :,,,,,,,,,,,:
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

report for satrurday the 13th (without pics cause there was nothing to photo) Empty Re: report for satrurday the 13th (without pics cause there was nothing to photo)

Post  rebelmusicnp 6/14/2009, 1:25 pm

keepin it real....just keepin it real
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 6/14/2009, 4:19 pm

Same kind of day at the Park. If it wasn't for the 16 inch fluke I would have gone home without a hit. My brother in law did have a bass come unbuttoned in the wash tho, a smaller fish under 30 inches. Maybe mid week after this NE wind.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 6/14/2009, 5:14 pm

nice catch joe at least u got out!!
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1048

Back to top Go down

report for satrurday the 13th (without pics cause there was nothing to photo) Empty Same kinda fun today!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 6/14/2009, 8:57 pm

Went out with this same crew today we where everywhere ---- NOTHIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!Saw some far off bunker briefly but nothin!!!!!!!!!!Oh well good company and outta the house!!!!!!!!!! report for satrurday the 13th (without pics cause there was nothing to photo) 177925 report for satrurday the 13th (without pics cause there was nothing to photo) 177925 report for satrurday the 13th (without pics cause there was nothing to photo) 177925 report for satrurday the 13th (without pics cause there was nothing to photo) 177925 report for satrurday the 13th (without pics cause there was nothing to photo) 177925

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

report for satrurday the 13th (without pics cause there was nothing to photo) Empty IBSP report etc

Post  Angler 6/14/2009, 10:31 pm

Hmm..I sense a common theme on this thread..NADA... :)

Got up at 2:30 AM Sat morn and drove down south further than I've been before (my first season fishing here in the North East)..looking for the elusive bunker..saw nary a scale. Saw lots of hungry looking fishermen in the course of my journey and heard the woes of "you shoulda been here yesterday man"..but no bunker..and no bass. Spent time casting at Asbury Park jetty..nothing happening there...then checked out the stretch down to Bradley Beach.

Early afternoon, found my way to IBSP, where a 50 plus pounder had been landed from the surf on Friday. Hit up two spots..nada..finally called it quits at 8 PM and drove back, struggling not to fall asleep at the wheel.

Crazy enough to have had thoughts of driving down this evening to Sandy Hook. Then saw on the Net that they've shut down access to the False Hook rips due to the plover nesting. Sigh...

It's all good--learned some new areas..my time will come.
Angler
Angler

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 6/14/2009, 10:55 pm

I fished from 9am-2pm my plug was nailed 7 times, every friggen time it was a needle fish. I saw nice trout and snook every where, trouble is they saw me too.
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 6/14/2009, 11:04 pm

joe don't forget we even drove around listening to the cure. man it was a sad day. except for those times when the beach boys songs went off.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 6/15/2009, 3:44 pm

I didnt make out any better in the surf on Sat night or in the Boat yesterday. Saw and snagged tons of bunker north of Squan but nothing pushing them.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Charrua 6/16/2009, 7:12 pm

This really,really sucks! Fished the hook saturday,could not even catch a fluke report for satrurday the 13th (without pics cause there was nothing to photo) 177925 .Then I thought I saw bunkah move in,ran back to the truch to change bags and rods and then... :jerk off: for the next couple of hours,trying everything,pencils,swimmers,metal lips and iron not a thing. Sunday I tried a little further south,nothing...went to a few jetties a little more south and got schooled by a girl of about 15 who got 2 bass in about 15 min report for satrurday the 13th (without pics cause there was nothing to photo) 560155 ...but,she was cheating,using snot.Thats it for me,I'm going to the dark side for my next outing. Joe Jon and Rick wanna hook up? let me know report for satrurday the 13th (without pics cause there was nothing to photo) 92223

Charrua

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 6/16/2009, 8:38 pm

Charrua... I go out everyday,, though there have been days I've made only 3 casts. This "East" wind isn't doing us any good trying to spot bunker,, and as my understanding is they like to swim into the wind as they filter feed... though I have seen them w/ this east wind they have been outa casting range,,, unless they are being pushed by predators towards the beach.
My normal day is up after 4ish on the beach soon thereafter,, fish and scout areas.Mainly in northern ocean county. This morning it was just walking the beach,, checking diff areas w/ binocs,, but it just wasn't to be.. my highlight,,finding a bomber and having a seagull drop a bunker in the sand which I ran up to,, half its' tail was chomped off and still moving its' gills,, I tried chunking it ,,only to have the surf quickly bring it back to me.
I also check out conditions after work and make attempt if its' workable.
You are welcome everytime I go out,, I'll resend my cell #,, I lost all my #'s recently due to being an idiot.
One other highlight,, today I took a major step w/ purchasing a Z-Bass,25. Its' so purty.
My best days to play are Tuesdays till 1,,, and Thursdays all day,, weekends sorta suck but I still go out w/ the masses,,sometimes makes for great entertainment.

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down