Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weakfish

+3
Saltline
stilltryn
Beach Pounder
7 posters

Go down

Weakfish Empty Weakfish

Post  Beach Pounder 6/6/2009, 2:32 pm

I've been fishing in the usual places targeting Weakfish for quite some time with poor results to say the least. My question is how have you guys and gals fared targeting Weakies since mothers day? Sod Bank fishing that is......... Im planning on getting out there this evening into the wee hrs of the morning tonight. Anyone want to join me. Pm me.......
Beach Pounder
Beach Pounder

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Weakfish Empty Re: Weakfish

Post  stilltryn 6/7/2009, 1:01 am

sorry , tryn to get down next weekend. ill pm you if i can make it. Weakfish 622665 do lbi all the time.
stilltryn
stilltryn

Number of posts : 305

Back to top Go down

Post  Beach Pounder 6/7/2009, 3:13 am

Another Weakfish Skunk........ I fished from 5pm til 1:15am out on a sod bank entering Great Bay. Nice conditions, lite wind out of the east. No bugs cheers.... Tide came in pretty quick and stranded me :affraid: ...... Feeder creek that I cross was way too deep for me to exit the sods.... had no choice to wait til the tide drops. I did managed to catch 3 short fluke in the dark. I did see one very large Weakfish slowly swimming right past me just off of the sod. Anyone fishing off of sod banks remember to use a walking staff, it could save your azz, it saved mine....
Beach Pounder
Beach Pounder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saltline 6/7/2009, 7:09 pm

That's a bummer Bill. Did you see that Brad picked up a 41" bass just before daybreak in the surf. We got to get up north and give it a shot. You know those weakies will be back and you know where. We'll be on em'.

Saltline

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 6/7/2009, 7:17 pm

Saltline wrote:That's a bummer Bill. Did you see that Brad picked up a 41" bass just before daybreak in the surf. We got to get up north and give it a shot. You know those weakies will be back and you know where. We'll be on em'.

Good was that today???? :scratch: Do you know if he plugged it up or was he snaggin and droppin???? :scratch:

FC???????????? :scratch:

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Saltline 6/7/2009, 7:19 pm

It was before daybreak today. Caught on a bunker chunk.

Saltline

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Weakfish Empty BIG RED COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 6/7/2009, 7:24 pm

Saltline wrote:It was before daybreak today. Caught on a bunker chunk.

Chunkin COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a slow day for everyone I know glad to hear someone caught!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers FC cheers

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 6/9/2009, 8:16 am

years ago we used to catch weakies off the bulkhead on the back side of the inlet at IBSP, i have not been back there since they rebuilt it is this still productive? not sure if this is considered spot burning so please PM me dont respond here. dont want to pee in someones corn flakes this morning. we had some good nites there after dark. also when do they start showing or have i missed it already? I know i'm asking alot of questions, sorry just want to make my trips more productive. i've been riding the skunk off the beach all season so far. and its gettin smelly. i made these to try for them. Weakfish Fishin36

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  Beach Pounder 6/13/2009, 1:19 am

dozer 277 wrote:years ago we used to catch weakies off the bulkhead on the back side of the inlet at IBSP, i have not been back there since they rebuilt it is this still productive? not sure if this is considered spot burning so please PM me dont respond here. dont want to pee in someones corn flakes this morning. we had some good nites there after dark. also when do they start showing or have i missed it already? I know i'm asking alot of questions, sorry just want to make my trips more productive. i've been riding the skunk off the beach all season so far. and its gettin smelly. i made these to try for them. Weakfish Fishin36
Dozer 277, Sorry but I can not give you any info on the Weakfishing there as I have yet to fish that area. Dont know if the Tiderunner season has passed us and I'll likely miss it due to my mothers passing on Monday June 8. Its a shock to everyone in the family and friends as we were preparing for my fathers passing with end stage Alzheimers. My mother was his caregiver for the past 6 and a half yrs. My mother and father resided in Maryland, I visited them often to take some of the stress off of mom. Both of my parents really enjoyed fishing especially in Capehenlopen Del. Dad is still in Maryland. Im currently working to get him here in NJ. He's all alone in a home as of now, and its killing me just knowing that. Please say a prayer for me and my family.
Beach Pounder
Beach Pounder

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 6/13/2009, 9:30 am

Beach Pounder wrote:
dozer 277 wrote:years ago we used to catch weakies off the bulkhead on the back side of the inlet at IBSP, i have not been back there since they rebuilt it is this still productive? not sure if this is considered spot burning so please PM me dont respond here. dont want to pee in someones corn flakes this morning. we had some good nites there after dark. also when do they start showing or have i missed it already? I know i'm asking alot of questions, sorry just want to make my trips more productive. i've been riding the skunk off the beach all season so far. and its gettin smelly. i made these to try for them. Weakfish Fishin36
Dozer 277, Sorry but I can not give you any info on the Weakfishing there as I have yet to fish that area. Dont know if the Tiderunner season has passed us and I'll likely miss it due to my mothers passing on Monday June 8. Its a shock to everyone in the family and friends as we were preparing for my fathers passing with end stage Alzheimers. My mother was his caregiver for the past 6 and a half yrs. My mother and father resided in Maryland, I visited them often to take some of the stress off of mom. Both of my parents really enjoyed fishing especially in Capehenlopen Del. Dad is still in Maryland. Im currently working to get him here in NJ. He's all alone in a home as of now, and its killing me just knowing that. Please say a prayer for me and my family.

PRAYERS SENT BEACH POUNDER
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 6/16/2009, 11:21 am

beach pounder i was in a similar situation last year. missed a whole season just about. sorry for your loss. its hard to loose parents. they seem larger than life. my prayers are with you. if there is anything I can do just ask. i'm sure others on this site share the same feelings. keep your head up and do what needs to be done. all things happen for a reason.

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 6/16/2009, 11:25 am

thoughts are with you! be strong for your family and friends. so many things in life we have no control over. being there for people is something you can.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down