Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do you guys get your hooks and hardware, please?

+6
Sephus3
buddah
Minivin5
go4broke
smitty
Husky
10 posters

Go down

Where do you guys get your hooks and hardware, please? Empty Where do you guys get your hooks and hardware, please?

Post  Husky 6/5/2009, 12:47 pm

Please post links. lol!
Husky
Husky

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Where do you guys get your hooks and hardware, please? Empty Re: Where do you guys get your hooks and hardware, please?

Post  smitty 6/5/2009, 1:47 pm

i get my stuff from njtackel....

i have been trying to get him to join or be a sponsor to this site but he never gets back to me .......lol lol!
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Where do you guys get your hooks and hardware, please? Empty Re: Where do you guys get your hooks and hardware, please?

Post  go4broke 6/5/2009, 2:29 pm

cape cod tackle dot com
go4broke
go4broke

Number of posts : 285

http://bsplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 6/5/2009, 2:49 pm

Husky wrote:Please post links. lol!
What do you need??? I will be sending out a package to you tomorrow, do you need anything specific??
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  buddah 6/5/2009, 3:06 pm

I get all my hooks and hardware from my local bass pro shop or home depot.

buddah

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 6/5/2009, 3:08 pm

Minivin5 wrote:
Husky wrote:Please post links. lol!
What do you need??? I will be sending out a package to you tomorrow, do you need anything specific??
A package? I love packages...
Why thank you very much for the offer. A few 3/0 and 2/0 Trebles would help me get my immediate Projects done, but only if you have them at home, NOW. Don't go out of you way.

Have you been fishing? Those Rubber tails should entice some stuff. I just made a POP mold so I can cast the soft bodies. What colors are hot down there?
Where do you guys get your hooks and hardware, please? DSCF0003-17
Where do you guys get your hooks and hardware, please? DSCF0004-10
Husky
Husky

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 6/5/2009, 3:11 pm

buddah wrote:I get all my hooks and hardware from my local bass pro shop or home depot.
Sunrise?? I had a house there, but that was before you were born. It was on 122 Ave. I did like the fact I could Bass fish IN MY BACK YARD!
Husky
Husky

Back to top Go down

Post  buddah 6/5/2009, 3:23 pm

Husky wrote:
Sunrise??
Yep Sunrise, when you leave Florida ? I doubt you recognize some places around here anymore.

buddah

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 6/5/2009, 3:43 pm

buddah wrote:
Husky wrote:
Sunrise??
Yep Sunrise, when you leave Florida ? I doubt you recognize some places around here anymore.
My mom and sister still live there. Actually it was NW 122 Ave. When In had the house there, It only went 1 more block west and then you were in the Everglades. That was 24 years ago.
Husky
Husky

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 6/5/2009, 4:05 pm

I only have 6,4,2,1,1/0,4/0 VMC's right now, I also have 1/0 precut Mustard's if you need. I usually get my trebles from https://www.njtackle.com/ or Bass Pro, Bass Pro is cheaper and has better color(Bleeding Red)
I will be sending out the Red Head Minnow and Blurple Wooded Rattletrap tomorrow. I have rigged everything you gave me and swam they, but not caught anything yet. Will be going again this evening though.
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  Sephus3 6/5/2009, 4:14 pm

I have 2/0 VMC 9626's. How many do you need?
Sephus3
Sephus3
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 6/5/2009, 4:59 pm

Sephus3 wrote:I have 2/0 VMC 9626's. How many do you need?
That's truly generous of you. Thanks.

It looks like, I'm gonna have to.....sob, Buy some. NJ tackle, even though they AREN"T a Sponsor HERE, looks like the place I'll be a headin'. I sure miss Midland Tackle and Herters.

My Bunker are screaming for 3/0 Belly hooks. I'm chewing up split rings at a good pace, too!

As an aside, If anyone here, knows BigRock, tell him Husky said Hi. Somewhere along the line, we got our signals crossed.
Husky
Husky

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Popper 6/5/2009, 5:14 pm

Hey Huskey those look alot like the 12 dollar sluggos lol i got the same mold setup it still amazes me they get 12 bucks for them and 15 for two rigged sluggos.Have you tried adding eel or bunker oil to your plasticsallso there is the saltwater rubber that is a little tougher than the standard.I get all my stuff from Nj.tackle too
Doc Popper
Doc Popper
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post  go4broke 6/5/2009, 6:20 pm

Husky,

Cape Cod Tackle has the cheapest prices around on VMC hooks. better than NJT, saltys, etc.

closer to you as well if you're from NH

capecodtackle.com
go4broke
go4broke

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 6/5/2009, 7:51 pm

go4broke wrote:Husky,

Cape Cod Tackle has the cheapest prices around on VMC hooks. better than NJT, saltys, etc.

closer to you as well if you're from NH

capecodtackle.com
Thanks for that. Are they Yankee fans, too?
Husky
Husky

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 6/5/2009, 8:31 pm

CAPECODTACKLE.COM THEY SEEM TOO BE CHEAPER THEN THE REST OUT THERE. VERY NICE PEOPLE TOO DEAL WITH. ALWAYS WILLING TOO HELP YOU WHEN THEY CAN. I ALSO USE NJTACKLE.COM THEY ARE GOOD ALSO.
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Striperknight 6/5/2009, 9:48 pm

Husky wrote:

It looks like, I'm gonna have to.....sob, Buy some. NJ tackle, even though they AREN"T a Sponsor HERE, looks like the place I'll be a headin'. I sure miss Midland Tackle and Herters.

My Bunker are screaming for 3/0 Belly hooks. I'm chewing up split rings at a good pace, too!

As an aside, If anyone here, knows BigRock, tell him Husky said Hi. Somewhere along the line, we got our signals crossed.

Herters.... man you are showing your age. I bet know no one on this board knows that beside you.

Striperknight

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  go4broke 6/5/2009, 11:48 pm

Husky wrote:
Thanks for that. Are they Yankee fans, too?

I really hope not!

Mike is the guy who owns it, its also known as "M&D's tackle"

Mike has personally made sure that his VMC prices are the cheapest around.
I don't know him personally, but I've ordered from all the tackle sites before, and found they have the best service.
I won't talk ill of other sites, but cape cod tackle shipping is almost instant, where as others take a week or more to get your stuff.

Just a very happy customer reference here.
go4broke
go4broke

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 6/6/2009, 2:50 am

Striperknight wrote:
Husky wrote:

Herters.... man you are showing your age. I bet know no one on this board knows that beside you.
Hey Eric,
Nothing like mailing in your order with a check and then waiting the
obligatory 2 to 3 weeks for it to arrive. I did love their phone book
like catalog.
Herters, Cabela's Netcraft and Midland Tackle. ..
Husky
Husky

Back to top Go down

Where do you guys get your hooks and hardware, please? Empty Long time no see...

Post  BigRock 6/6/2009, 2:13 pm

Well hey there mr, Husky! cheers Sorry its been so long since we've talked, its been a crazy 2 years. I go straight to the manufacturers for most parts, whatta' ya' need?
BigRock
BigRock

Number of posts : 30

http://www.bigrocklures.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 6/6/2009, 3:41 pm

BigRock wrote:Well hey there mr, Husky! cheers Sorry its been so long since we've talked, its been a crazy 2 years. I go straight to the manufacturers for most parts, whatta' ya' need?
Hey RUSS,

I hope it's been a good crazy. btw, I miss your emails.
I picked up the stuff I need already, so I'm good for now. It sounds like BigRock Lures are a Big Hit! Kudos! 8)

I've made a variation of those JIGS I sent you. I just renamed them FoTins.
Still at your same addy? I'll hook you up. Joefishingproblem has tortured them quite nicely.

It's really good hearing from you again.

Mike P
Where do you guys get your hooks and hardware, please? DSCF0003-15
Husky
Husky

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 6/6/2009, 8:15 pm

hey if any of you guys have any pull with any tackle suppler like tackle or others tell them about S.B.O so we can have them join the fun..... Very Happy
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down