Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010 reports.....

5 posters

Go down

2010 reports..... Empty 2010 reports.....

Post  smitty 2/28/2009, 12:12 am

2010 reports.....
SPOT BURNING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!!! We work hard to find out spots.If you want to pass along info PM the person. FC

Last edited by smitty on 6/4/2011, 11:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

2010 reports..... Empty Re: 2010 reports.....

Post  Smoke 3/3/2009, 7:15 pm

sweetwater for now,flounders soon i hope,bass and blues right around the coner,lol :face:
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 3/3/2009, 7:34 pm

SMOKIN JOE WHERE IN LI YA FROM??? MAKING A TRIP TO "THE END" IN MAY LOOKING FOR SPOTS AROUND?? ANYTHING WOULD HELP!!! Mb
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1048

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 3/3/2009, 7:40 pm

[quote="mikeybonz"]SMOKIN JOE WHERE IN LI YA FROM??? MAKING A TRIP TO "THE END" IN MAY LOOKING FOR SPOTS AROUND?? ANYTHING WOULD HELP!!! Mb[/quote
mike,im around fire island inlet s/shore.i'm mostley a baithead,lol,if you throw bait hit me up i'll try to put you on fish,i'm driving. cheers
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  monty 3/3/2009, 7:42 pm

mikeybonz wrote:SMOKIN JOE WHERE IN LI YA FROM??? MAKING A TRIP TO "THE END" IN MAY LOOKING FOR SPOTS AROUND?? ANYTHING WOULD HELP!!! Mb

Mikey, tell em what yoou need to know, i will fill you in about M.
Nick

monty

Number of posts : 290

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 3/3/2009, 7:46 pm

smokin joe , monty thankx guys could use some help since it will be my first time there. Smokinjoe as for baitfishing its most all of what i do so any ideas would help! This will be a second year trial on throwing plugs found not to much luck last year over here by me. have been buying bucktails and needled for Montauk in may. my trip is planed 2nd week in may any ideas if and when the fish are normally moving in??? thankx mike
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  monty 3/3/2009, 8:11 pm

mikeybonz wrote:smokin joe , monty thankx guys could use some help since it will be my first time there. Smokinjoe as for baitfishing its most all of what i do so any ideas would help! This will be a second year trial on throwing plugs found not to much luck last year over here by me. have been buying bucktails and needled for Montauk in may. my trip is planed 2nd week in may any ideas if and when the fish are normally moving in??? thankx mike

Mikey,
Im gonna break it to you but May is one of the toughest times in M to get into fish. You need to know spots, how to read water, know your bait migration and know your structure. Stick to the north side of M, as if bait is still moving from teh run they need to hit the NS first, and thats where they are that time of year. There are few Nice sized resident fish on The SS rocks, but that requires countless hours of determination, dedication, time and patience. SOmetimes you even go home skunked. If your fishing bait, try the NS again, few good spots there. Needles, try some floaters on the Ns, white needles and white shal be the color Very Happy deadly slow retreive, Liek sickeningly slow, trust me. Sinekrs pcik up the pace a little. I dont bounce my bucktails off teh bottom, although people do. i find it more effective with a 5/8 of an oz bucktail jigged slowly. Whats your setup?Nick

monty

Number of posts : 290

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 3/3/2009, 8:44 pm

setup wise im bring 3 10ft spinning combo's 2 with 25lbs mono and 1 with 50pd braid, I'll pm you the resort im staying at because people i've spke with said theres fish close to the area i'll be staying. Ive ben researching for months. Figure im going to baitfish 1 and plugs or bucktail with the other!! Monty the bluefish wont be there in may?im not looking for them but some action is better then nothing is the bass arent pickin! Ive bought countless needles just need to stock up on some more bucktails going to message ya talk to you soon mikey
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

2010 reports..... Empty 1st effort!

Post  mikeybonz 3/18/2009, 9:16 pm

decided after a long day after work and the weather being nice hit a local spot by me for stripers. No sign of fish where i was had clam on 1 and plug with another. Fished with a buddie doin the same. Fished from 4pm-7pm. Not a sole yet!! not even crabs hahaha Outgoing at least it looked to be 2 hrs into the outgoing. Will be at it sat then sunday im dropin my paycheck in summerset!! tight lines guys mike :jerk off: :jerk off:
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 3/19/2009, 11:01 pm

mike,mid may is ok were i fish,but the large show up in june. :study: like i said i;m a baithead 99.9% of the time lol!
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 3/19/2009, 11:09 pm

smokinjoe u see blues in may ?
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

2010 reports..... Empty got skunked

Post  stevel 3/28/2009, 8:36 am

went out yesterday for three hours not one bite used clams saw three seals wich stayed right in front of me the hole time :jerk off: :kiss it: :jerk off: :kiss it:
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 3/28/2009, 11:47 am

wait steve my bite counts even if it was the seal evry1 saying jersey is hot!!! wtf I HATE SEALS!
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down