Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sloped Head (Trolling) Swimmers

+6
black talon
Kevnmary
Bobes
smitty
Smoke
soot
10 posters

Go down

Sloped Head (Trolling) Swimmers Empty Sloped Head (Trolling) Swimmers

Post  soot 4/17/2009, 2:28 am

Just curious what your thoughts are about using sloped head swimmers in the surf, particularly on relatively shallow beaches.
soot
soot
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Sloped Head (Trolling) Swimmers Empty Re: Sloped Head (Trolling) Swimmers

Post  Smoke 4/17/2009, 9:19 am

I think there are meant to go deeper,so try deeper water,i could be wrong tho.

Last edited by smokinjoe on 4/17/2009, 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 4/17/2009, 9:37 am

yes the slope heads are for more deep water and fast moving water lol at least mine are the stronger the current the better thay work.
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  soot 4/17/2009, 10:09 am

That's what I figured. I picked a couple up for a song on ebay last year thinking they were swimmers (they were labeled/sold as swimmers) and now that I've got them I don't know what to do with them. I don't fish too much deep water and I never troll. I guess I could fish them in inlets, or I could throw them to Blues in the Shrewsbury later in the year. Or...is it okay if I do a give-away?
soot
soot
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobes 4/17/2009, 10:35 am

Not sure if this is the same thing. But if I'm not mistaken the video I saw of Black Label's slant nose swimmer had a deadly wiggle and stayed on top. One of the reasons why I bought it. Would this be considered a slant/slope head swimmer?

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

Bobes

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobes 4/17/2009, 10:44 am

Just viewed the video on his website. Maybe I got it confused with the 5" swimmer :scratch:

I'm pretty sure it was another video though. This was at Asbury and they had videos of all their lures. I asked what lure that was in the video at that particular moment and was told it was the Slant Nose.

Well, in any event, I'll see what it does when I swim it. cheers

Bobes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/17/2009, 11:00 am

Throw up some pictures Bobes. If I like them maybe I'll trade you for something you do fish. I troll alot as well as drift in deep water.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  soot 4/17/2009, 11:10 am

Bobes wrote:Not sure if this is the same thing. But if I'm not mistaken the video I saw of Black Label's slant nose swimmer had a deadly wiggle and stayed on top. One of the reasons why I bought it. Would this be considered a slant/slope head swimmer?

Bobes, the lures I'm talking about have a lot sharper "slant" that allows water to go over the top of them. These are the lures I'm talking about specifically (the top two in this photo - the bottom lure is a Tattoo that's a lot more like your BL in profile):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
soot
soot
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/17/2009, 11:29 am

My bad I meant to direct my post to Soot. I cant see that picture at work.can you tell me who made them?
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobes 4/17/2009, 11:30 am

Kevnmary wrote:Throw up some pictures Bobes. If I like them maybe I'll trade you for something you do fish. I troll alot as well as drift in deep water.

Kevnmary...not me. I am going to fish the Black Label. Soot was the original poster.

lol!

Posted at the same time

Last edited by Bobes on 4/17/2009, 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Posting at the same time)

Bobes

Back to top Go down

Post  soot 4/17/2009, 11:39 am

Kevnmary wrote:My bad I meant to direct my post to Soot. I cant see that picture at work.can you tell me who made them?

Kev,

They're signed RF. I have no idea who RF is or what the quality of his plugs are. They look pretty good cosmetically so whoever makes them has probably been doing it for a while but I can't speak to the action of the lure.

If you want to shoot me an email address I can get pics to you that way. Mine is: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
soot
soot
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 4/17/2009, 11:44 am

soot wrote:
Kevnmary wrote:My bad I meant to direct my post to Soot. I cant see that picture at work.can you tell me who made them?

Kev,

They're signed RF. I have no idea who RF is or what the quality of his plugs are. They look pretty good cosmetically so whoever makes them has probably been doing it for a while but I can't speak to the action of the lure.

If you want to shoot me an email address I can get pics to you that way. Mine is: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Sounds like they are made by this ebay guy Rockfish. Do they have a very heavy coat of epoxy on them? I'll look at the pix when I get home tonite.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Back to top Go down

Post  soot 4/17/2009, 11:50 am

Kevnmary wrote:
soot wrote:

Kev,

Sounds like they are made by this ebay guy Rockfish. Do they have a very heavy coat of epoxy on them? I'll look at the pix when I get home tonite.

Yeah, definitely devcon or something like it.
soot
soot
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 4/17/2009, 12:32 pm

dont get me wrong you can adjust them to swim just under the surface by bending the eye loop down....
its just the plugs are made to handle deeper and rougher water.
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  black talon 4/18/2009, 7:49 pm

if they are a deep diver plug, there is nothing wrong with throwing them in shallow water. i toss them in shallow sandy bottoms all the time with great rewards. just fish it so it hits the bottom every 3-6ft, this makes noise and kicks up alittle sand.see were i am going with this :study:

black talon

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post  yankmycrank 4/19/2009, 7:58 am

smitty wrote:yes the slope heads are for more deep water and fast moving water lol at least mine are the stronger the current the better thay work.

Then I must have a dud,cause the 1 I have won't even swim if I crank it down in current,it only wants to stay on top.

yankmycrank

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Sloped Head (Trolling) Swimmers Empty soot

Post  stripercrazy 4/22/2009, 12:53 pm

top one's a surfster built for the surface.....middle one a troller....bottom ones a deep diver tatoo good plug for deep beaches fishing off rocks with deep water around them. they look good....not all sloped heads dive deep, a surfster has a sloped head to keep the head down and tail up but work on the surface

stripercrazy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post  brianmullaney 4/22/2009, 4:19 pm

yankmycrank wrote:
smitty wrote:yes the slope heads are for more deep water and fast moving water lol at least mine are the stronger the current the better thay work.

Then I must have a dud,cause the 1 I have won't even swim if I crank it down in current,it only wants to stay on top.

you try bending the eye loop up with a pair of pliers?
brianmullaney
brianmullaney
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 60

http://www.bcplugs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  blacklabel 4/23/2009, 2:59 am

that plug you got does stay on top and swims with a deadly wiggle .you saw the right video .the pink one is what you have pictured. i will have some a-40s coming soon they will dive

Bobes wrote:Not sure if this is the same thing. But if I'm not mistaken the video I saw of Black Label's slant nose swimmer had a deadly wiggle and stayed on top. One of the reasons why I bought it. Would this be considered a slant/slope head swimmer?

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
blacklabel
blacklabel
SPONSOR
SPONSOR

Number of posts : 284

http://www.blacklabelplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down