Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FLIPPIN OVER

4 posters

Go down

FLIPPIN OVER Empty FLIPPIN OVER

Post  whitey 3/28/2009, 9:47 pm

i bought 2 walden sot yaks ,,12 foot and they seem as wide as the others i havent measured .. they flip real easy .. my brother mkcs .. said put swimming noodles on the side and that made them way more stable ... is my yak to low in the water ??? to high??? with the noodles i was in a chop wher the front of the yak was were my feet sit and felt ok .. so thats 3-4 feet out of the water on the front ... there is no way in hell i would try to get something from the milk create behind me ... is it just experiance ???

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

FLIPPIN OVER Empty Re: FLIPPIN OVER

Post  REDBASS 3/28/2009, 10:07 pm

OK I MADE OUT RIGGERS FOR MY KAYAK. FLIPPING IS OK BUT IT CAN BE BAD
. I USED 11 1/4 LOBSTER POT FLOATS. 2 ON EACH SIDE. I HAVE THEM SPREAD OUT SO WHEN I PADDLE. I DONT HIT THE FLOATS
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 3/29/2009, 7:51 am

It's got to be the design of the yak ? I have had 4 yaks and it isn't easy to flip them ! Currently I have a hobie revolution and I can sit side ways in it to reach stuff behind me. I've also had Tarpon 100 and 120, great yaks, never felt like I was going over. the hobie sport I had was only 9 1/2 ft and I would take it out in pretty rough conditions in raitain bay and felt secure. That doesn't mean they can't be flipped, but it's not easy. Be careful and do as GSB said sell them and get something better, it's a fun sport.
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 3/29/2009, 1:22 pm

I BEEN LOOKIN ... WE VACATION IN DENNIS ON CAPE COD ... THE KIDS HAVE A BLAST ON THEM BUT I WANT TO GO DEEP ... SO I THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO TELL MY WIFE I NEED A THOUSAND DOLLARS ,SO I WILL BE SAFE ... I LL LET YOU KNOW HOW THAT GOES !!!! LOL LOL ... i ll tinker with these a little more but wont beat myself up tring to make a spaceshuttle out of a garbage can ... before i buy ill check with you guys though... the waldens were 350.00 for 2 so like i said the kids love em

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 3/29/2009, 5:18 pm

IM IN AN 8 FT OCEAN KAYAK. ITS BASIC THATS IT.NOT FRILLS. BUT I LIKE IT. LET ME KNOW ILL COME OUT TOO YOU.WHEN IT WARMS UP. FLIPPIN OVER 622665
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  akozols 3/30/2009, 7:12 am

It sounds like your yak is a bad design. I have an Ocean Kayak Caper that's 10.5 ft long and pretty wide. It's stable enough that I can turn around to reach into the milkcrate behind me without worrying about flipping.

Once the water warms up, we'll have to plan an SBO yakking trip.
akozols
akozols

Number of posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum