Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Boring Friday Night So Went To The Vice

5 posters

Go down

Another Boring Friday Night So Went To The Vice Empty Another Boring Friday Night So Went To The Vice

Post  Charlie G. 10/24/2012, 8:19 pm

Same boring Sleep crap on the tube this past Friday night so I sat down and tied up a few new flies.
The first is a high-low tie where all the material was tied on the top or bottom of the hook shank.
I like the way it came out and it looked good in the sink test, now to the big sea to see how the it works there.

Another Boring Friday Night So Went To The Vice PA230680

Another Boring Friday Night So Went To The Vice PA230679

My nephew stopped by to tell me the story of his latest catch. A 40" Musky caught on a trolled lure. And how some guys had been trolling large flies along with lures to attract big Muskys so I tied him up this next critter wow and another one also.
And also cause it gave me some practice palmering feathers around the hook shank.

Another Boring Friday Night So Went To The Vice PA180673

Another Boring Friday Night So Went To The Vice PA180674

And yes he left with 2 new flies.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Another Boring Friday Night So Went To The Vice Empty Re: Another Boring Friday Night So Went To The Vice

Post  handyman 10/24/2012, 9:15 pm

nice flys charlie ....the second one scared the b jeses outa me

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Another Boring Friday Night So Went To The Vice Empty Re: Another Boring Friday Night So Went To The Vice

Post  Jimmythegreek 10/24/2012, 9:44 pm

Nice flies! What size hook do you use?

Jimmythegreek

Number of posts : 64

http://tinboats.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 10/24/2012, 9:58 pm

Jimmy I used Varivas 2600 ST-V long shank hooks on both. The top one is a 2/0 and the bottom critter was tied on a 3/0. I really like those hooks, sharp out of the box and heavy shank.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmythegreek 10/25/2012, 8:54 am

Thanks for the info Charlie! I have spent the last few days going back through your older posts, HARDCORE! Another Boring Friday Night So Went To The Vice 962367

I was introduced to salt fly on a 3 way rig last week and now I'm consumed by it. It is one of those techniques I want to learn.

Any good resources for a beginner?

I have basic questions like is there a difference between flies used with a fly rod vs flies used on a 3 way rig on a long rod with a weight?

Hook up or hook down and why?

Ever think of offering fly tying lessons? I'm like you, I cant sleep and I hate TV. Another Boring Friday Night So Went To The Vice 56958

Jimmythegreek

Back to top Go down

Post  etch 10/25/2012, 10:19 am

stunning work my friend, love them both

Etch
etch
etch

Number of posts : 1193

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/Etch-Custom-Lures-h2.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  JeffL 10/25/2012, 8:47 pm

sick work charlie
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 914

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmythegreek 10/26/2012, 4:05 pm

Do you pretty much use the same size eye even though different size hook? What size are those eyes?

Jimmythegreek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down