Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fathers Day Fishing

4 posters

Go down

Fathers Day Fishing Empty Fathers Day Fishing

Post  CaptFrank 6/19/2012, 5:09 pm

Finally got the computer glitches worked out...

We had our annual Father/Daughter - Daddy's Day Flounder Tournament on Sunday. I had Brynn and Chloe on my team, John had Grace. We headed out behind Stone Harbor to make drifts and hopefully catch Flounder. Weather folks called for 5-10 out of the NNE for the day. Instead when we arrived, we had 10-15 out of the NE. It later increased to 20+. We made some nice long drifts tossing a variety of baits out. The drift sock helped immensely. The girls were focused on their mission to catch a dinner and win the ice cream bet we had going. First fish caught resulted in the other teams having to purchase ice cream for all.

Well, after an hour and a half with no bumps, hits, or misses, we decided on moving elsewhere. At this time Brynn decided she was cold and had enough of fishing. So a call went out to Lisa for extra clothing and a pick up extraction. After the restocking of clothing, John, Grace, Chloe and I headed back out. In the next spot, we again had some nice drifts along the sod banks. This time we managed a small Sea Bass and a small Doggie. Then I had my rod crushed by something strong and fast. It screamed off drag and made several strong runs. I was thinking nice Striper, but instead found it was a big Doggie. It didn't fight like a Doggie, it was actually fun. The girls played with it, gave it kisses, and tossed it back. Wind was steadyily increasing, so we called it a day. Despite the wind and lack of fish, we had a blast out there with our girls. Spending quality time with the kids is what it's all about.

As a bonus, Chloe got me a nice new Fishing Journal with her awesome artwork adorning the cover. Brynn got me a killer set of BBQ sauces that will be put to good use throughout the summer. Lisa hooked me up to : ) It was a great Fathers Day!
CaptFrank
CaptFrank

Number of posts : 230

http://www.brynnie-binshorefishing.com

Back to top Go down

Fathers Day Fishing Empty Re: Fathers Day Fishing

Post  JeffL 6/19/2012, 9:45 pm

Sounds like a good day even if dinner wasn't caught..
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 914

Back to top Go down

Fathers Day Fishing Empty Re: Fathers Day Fishing

Post  handyman 6/19/2012, 10:21 pm

nice fathers day there capt frank

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER