Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5/11 Upper Bay

3 posters

Go down

5/11 Upper Bay Empty 5/11 Upper Bay

Post  lagerhelps 5/11/2011, 7:20 pm

Headed out with Anglin Andy for his 3rd trip of the season. Previous 2 nasty weather and the skunk. Fished from 8:00-1:30 started out in 22ft of water and the tide was ripping and it wasn't looking good. Headed for our second spot around 10:00 and set up in 12ft of water. Around 11:30 something bumps my noggin that I had locked up. I engaged the bait runner and he starts running away with. Engage the drag and it starts ripping out drag and DOH it gets off. Bait still on just never hooked him. Firedrill to get fresh bait out. Within 5 mins of rebaiting Andy's rod goes off. A 40incher. The day is already a success we're high fiving and my rod goes off. Boat a fat 36incher. We started thinking limit but that was all she wrote. Packed up around 1:30. All fish caught in the slower water.

These fish move through in bunches. The other day as soon as one boat got a fish there were 2 other boats breaking out the net. So when you see someone reach for the net reach for the bait.

I made an announcement on 68 that I didn't have my cell phone but didn't get any response. Sorry to those that I was supposed to be in contact with. I was charging my phone on my drive down to make sure the battery lasted all day and left it there.

5/11 Upper Bay Img_2011

5/11 Upper Bay Img_2010

lagerhelps

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

5/11 Upper Bay Empty Re: 5/11 Upper Bay

Post  stevel 5/11/2011, 7:58 pm

nice fish...way to catch them up.... 5/11 Upper Bay 870783
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Hawk 5/11/2011, 9:54 pm

Nice job tom! That first spot, is that where we were on sunday? looking to get out this weekend weather permitting
Fish Hawk
Fish Hawk

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Post  lagerhelps 5/11/2011, 10:12 pm

Fish Hawk wrote:Nice job tom! That first spot, is that where we were on sunday? looking to get out this weekend weather permitting

Yeah had to try your spot and moved when the current calmed a bit. It apparently is YOUR spot....haha Did see someone hooked up while we were leaving and DOH he didn't get it to the boat. Was heading to reef site because I thought the deeper water might be the ticket on a blue bird day and then bump,bump,zing. I guess we'll stay...lol

I might have a couple more trips before the weekend. I'll keep you in the loop.

lagerhelps

Back to top Go down

Post  lagerhelps 5/11/2011, 10:15 pm

Fish Hawk wrote:Nice job tom! That first spot, is that where we were on sunday? looking to get out this weekend weather permitting

I was close to there but where we were fishing seemed real muddy. We were fishing outgoing versus incoming. One of the reasons we left. It was weird our baits were actually coming up muddy.

lagerhelps

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down