Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5/8 Upper bay

3 posters

Go down

5/8 Upper bay Empty 5/8 Upper bay

Post  lagerhelps 5/8/2011, 10:00 pm

Decided to bail on the trip fished pretty hard Friday and Sat. My daughter wakes up and says you better get them while there down there. On the phone for bait and off to the boat for short trip. On the way down Fishhawk calls me he just put a 30lber in the box and he's all alone come join him. He put two more in the box while I was there and he was off to brunch. Wasn't feeling it for me. Sometimes timing is everything. Head towards the fleet and start looking a couple hundred yards east of the fleet. I start marking bait like crazy and then a couple good marks on the bottom I look up and there is bunker jumping right in front of me. I threw it in neutral and killed the motor and landed right in the middle of a bunker pod. Drop anchor, don't even get all the rods in and the first one I dropped in goes off. Puts up a good fight but new it wasn't a monster. Go to net it and the hoop on my net breaks (DOH) Thought he was going to keep but wasn't gaff sure. Fought him till I could gill grab em. A fat 32incher. All excited for a quick limit and current died boat started swinging and called it a day. 22ft of water top of the tide.

lagerhelps

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

5/8 Upper bay Empty Re: 5/8 Upper bay

Post  MissRiss 5/8/2011, 11:25 pm

way to go Tom! glad you hooked into one today! cheers
MissRiss
MissRiss

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Hawk 5/9/2011, 9:33 pm

If only you had awaken a few hours earlier - just kidding. Atleast you got somthing to show for your efforts. Good job!
Fish Hawk
Fish Hawk

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Post  lagerhelps 5/9/2011, 10:45 pm

Fish Hawk wrote:If only you had awaken a few hours earlier - just kidding. Atleast you got somthing to show for your efforts. Good job!

I was waiting for my wife to get up because she likes to go on nice days and they don't get any nicer. Good thing my daughter likes to bust on me. Got 1 so I was happy.

lagerhelps

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down