Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fish Hawk report 5/1

Go down

Fish Hawk report 5/1 Empty Fish Hawk report 5/1

Post  Fish Hawk 5/3/2011, 7:43 pm

Took the Fish Hawk for the first trip of the season. Had clams and bunker, left the dock about 630ish. Made a 12 mile run north up the beach to a shallow shoal and threw out two line with bunker and one with clam. All that spot prodcued was grass and lots of it. the water was very very dirty. Sat there for about 1 hour or so. After watching a charter boat pull up and all of the boats in the area move right up next to him - we decided to move out of the area. Made a move 3 miles out towards deeper water for the remainder of the incoming. Had the most action in this spot for the whole day. Small very light taps, and one run off which i missed :( After the tide died we moved out over delaware side to one of the reef sites. Had solid marks on the bottom for the outgoing but not one taker. Final move of the day was to the lighthouse. Again nothing. The boat ran like a champ couldnt complain with weather either. The evening before the trip was killed the bass off the deck at the house. We had 3 up 37" taken on bloodworms. On a side note, before we left to come back to Pa, i stopped back to the boat to do a check on my lines and noticed i had a puddle of oil in my transom :( More motor isssues :( Hope its minnor but its always somthing..
Fish Hawk
Fish Hawk

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down