Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14-15 November

2 posters

Go down

14-15 November Empty 14-15 November

Post  VooDooTackle 11/16/2010, 7:48 pm

Well the wind doesn't want to give us a break down here. We have been burning up the trout in the inlet the last few days but Sunday was a day to get out to the bridge. We left Sunday morning before sunrise around 5:30 and headed to the bridge tunnel. Got out there and set up around 6:30. I know the times don't matter but it will. We start slinging our casting lures to the rocks and before long we have the first fish in the boat. After a few drifts we were close to our limit so I tell the crew to only keep the bigger ones. We throw a few 20 inch fish back and manage to limit out around 7:10 with the last fish being the biggest at 27 inches. So in forty minutes we had our limit and it was time to head back and have breakfast and watch some football.

Monday I had to deal with my Captain's License stuff so that night I needed to take out some frustration on something. So we loaded up the boat and headed back to the bridge tunnel and did the same thing. MY first cast I was tight on a fish and then it had other ideas and came off. We got three for the night but that is better than nothing. I did find a 32 inch fish jsut floating on the surface so I scooped him up into the net and started to drag him to get him to revive. After a few mintues of dragging him he swam off and hopefully will make it to be caught later.

BUt what makes more mad is that someone instead of releasing the fish right away. Be a good steward of the sea and do what's right release a fish and make sure it swims away and not belly up. Striper are a tuff fish and they will swim off but you have to get the water flowing over thier gills so they have a chance. Now I am off the soap box.

Here are a few pictures from Sunday.

Tight Lines,
VooDoo

14 Nov

14 Nov
VooDooTackle
VooDooTackle

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

14-15 November Empty Re: 14-15 November

Post  stevel 11/16/2010, 8:29 pm

good deal ...looks like you had a good time....nice to revive that bass ... 14-15 November 92223
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down