Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tonights surf-chat builder is, " Eurojett ".....

+9
holymackeral
mikeybonz
rocstar21
Bluesfish
Smoke
eurojett05
tom1276
stevel
skippy
13 posters

Go down

Tonights surf-chat builder is, " Eurojett "..... Empty Tonights surf-chat builder is, " Eurojett ".....

Post  skippy 3/31/2010, 8:21 pm

Saturday night surf-chat Welcome To SBO , This week our guest builder is Louis, just a great guy, and a terrific builder,,
Should make for a pretty cool chat, cool join us this sat 10 pmest in the chatroom Tonights surf-chat builder is, " Eurojett "..... 870783 popcorn

Last edited by skippy on 4/3/2010, 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Tonights surf-chat builder is, " Eurojett "..... Empty Re: Tonights surf-chat builder is, " Eurojett ".....

Post  stevel 3/31/2010, 8:27 pm

cool.... luv jetts work..... cool
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Tonights surf-chat builder is, " Eurojett "..... Empty Re: Tonights surf-chat builder is, " Eurojett ".....

Post  tom1276 3/31/2010, 8:45 pm

SWEET Hopefully I can make it this week. I'm expecting something in the mail from him. Can't wait for it.
tom1276
tom1276

Number of posts : 572

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 3/31/2010, 11:06 pm

First of all, A BIG Thank You to All Members, Builders, Moderators and Staff for patronizing this awesome website called SBO. The coolest place to hangout. Thanks Skippy and Smitty for this opportunity to showcase a plug building tutorial. I've learned alot from this surf-chat builder and from so many great builders. So, with all that said.......IT'S PIKIE TIME!

Many of you who have been on surf-chat build on a regular basis knows and have learned alot, like myself about plug building from so many greats. So, I will make this short and simple.

To me, the key to building a pikie is having the right tool to make the curved sloped head. I use a 2" drum sander.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Start out by shaping your blank......I don't use a duplicator nor a jig(don't have the skill to make one....lol), so it is all free hand turning. Once you've got the desired shape that you want, you can marked where the eyes, belly hooks and lip slot length will be placed for a certain size.

Next, is to cut the lip slot and the rest of the wood on both ends using a bandsaw.

Set up the 2" drum sander in place, in this case, i use my lathe. All my plug building are done with only 2 power tools. Lathe and a bandsaw. Align the lip slot on the blank, in parallel to the sander and start sanding off to a curved slope head.

Once you have it shaped, a pikie is born.

cheers

Here are a couple that have been completed and will be given away to a lucky individual Saturday night. Thanks Again for this great opportunity.

Last edited by eurojett05 on 4/1/2010, 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 4/1/2010, 12:29 am

Louis,Your baite are sick. wow popcorn popcorn
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 4/1/2010, 4:53 am

All freehand!!!!!very cool, love it Louis!

Bluesfish
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 4/1/2010, 9:55 am

great job Louis!!!!!! love your work! cant wait till saturday night!
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 4/1/2010, 10:25 am

nice work
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1048

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 4/1/2010, 10:43 am

awsome jett .....look sweet as always....nice to see how you work the magic ..... cool
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 4/1/2010, 12:07 pm

might be missing this chat.... looks like i might be on the beach drowning some clams while the chat goes on.... nice tutorial jett......... love your pikies i need to get my hands on some of them soon...

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  nitebite 4/1/2010, 6:59 pm

I'd have to agree with the previous post, you definitely make some solid lures Louis. I'd definitely like to get one of those pikies in my plug bag. Keep up the good work man. Shaun
nitebite
nitebite
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 4/2/2010, 9:46 pm

louis ya make it look so easy im gonna give it a shot awesome work
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Tonights surf-chat builder is, " Eurojett "..... Empty hmmmm

Post  skippy 4/3/2010, 9:38 pm

Welcome To SBO , chat hoes Tonights surf-chat builder is, " Eurojett "..... 742713

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 4/4/2010, 9:01 am

AWSOME CHATT ONCE AGAIN ....GREAT JOB TO SKIPPY.....AND TO A FINE BUILDER LOUIS.... Welcome To SBO

CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS OF THE GIVEAWAYS ALSO...... Tonights surf-chat builder is, " Eurojett "..... 962367 Tonights surf-chat builder is, " Eurojett "..... 962367
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  fatfingers 4/4/2010, 11:01 am

Got home too late. Really sorry I missed this one.
fatfingers
fatfingers

Number of posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Post  bennyraw 4/4/2010, 1:43 pm

fatfingers wrote:Got home too late. Really sorry I missed this one.
mad Me too.

bennyraw

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down