Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking for a builder to put a addition on my home.

5 posters

Go down

looking for a builder to put a addition on my home. Empty looking for a builder to put a addition on my home.

Post  smitty 3/24/2010, 5:47 pm

hey i know one of you guys can point me in the rite direction.......
I'm looking to put a large addition on my home and have no clue as to what to do or how to go about it so if you guys have a friend that you trust in the business hook me up lol....
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

looking for a builder to put a addition on my home. Empty Re: looking for a builder to put a addition on my home.

Post  Smoke 3/24/2010, 6:35 pm

Smitty,Please and do yourself a favor,First make sure the contractor you hire is licensed and insured.....You'll thank me later trust me.I know you might save a few bucks by going with a friend of a friend,Do lots of research of the company you hire too.Get a few estimates of only licensed and insured companys.You know that i just got done doing a ton of work on my house.I'm still not done,One room at a time is how i roll.Good luck Bro..
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

looking for a builder to put a addition on my home. Empty Re: looking for a builder to put a addition on my home.

Post  Fishtale 3/24/2010, 8:42 pm

First thing you need is an architect. You can get a decent set of plans for about $3000. If you decide to have the builder do them, then you will need the approval of the town inspectors office. Once plans a drawn, you can submit them to the town for approval (zoning issues). After approval you take the plans to multiple contractors (check with town for reliable guys that have worked in the areas, they can check because of building permit applications). After all of the contractors have reviewed the plans, take the best price, then haggle with them for a reduction. There are tons of things you can do yourself to keep the costs down... Also one thing Joe forgot to mention, is ask them if they are bonded, this will help in recouping costs for shoddy work later on..
Fishtale
Fishtale

Number of posts : 432

Back to top Go down

Post  JimmyK 3/25/2010, 12:51 am

Smitty am I allowed to give you my email to you on here? I would need to ask you quite a few questions about what you want.

JimmyK

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 3/25/2010, 7:53 am

sure pm me the email
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gaelicwarrior 3/25/2010, 12:13 pm

if you need a qood electrician or finish carpender,i can help.

alan

gaelicwarrior

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down