Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The other way to build a bait...

+4
skippy
etch
Alphabaits
fatfingers
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The other way to build a bait... - Page 2 Empty Re: The other way to build a bait...

Post  etch 3/4/2010, 8:50 pm

fatfingers, what are you using for your resin? smoothcast? featherlite?

Etch
etch
etch

Number of posts : 1193

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/Etch-Custom-Lures-h2.htm

Back to top Go down

The other way to build a bait... - Page 2 Empty man..

Post  skippy 3/6/2010, 8:51 pm

I made the mistake thinking this was going to be easy,, The other way to build a bait... - Page 2 177925

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

The other way to build a bait... - Page 2 Empty Re: The other way to build a bait...

Post  fatfingers 3/7/2010, 10:47 am

Whoa, LaPala is here? You talk about legends...that is one of my heroes in this crazy hobby! Good to hear from you, LaPala.

Douglas, the mold box is made from resin. Etch, I'll have to go look at what brand I'm currently using. I bought it a while back and much water has gone over the dam since then.
fatfingers
fatfingers

Number of posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Post  LaPala 3/7/2010, 5:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] to you too Fatfingers. Crazy yes[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.], me a hero [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.], NO WAY.....[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LaPala
LaPala

Number of posts : 47

http://www.fishcarverunderground.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  etch 3/7/2010, 5:40 pm

LaPala wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] to you too Fatfingers. Crazy yes[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.], me a hero [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.], NO WAY.....[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

more like a villanous hero to me dr jekel/mr hyde come to mind The other way to build a bait... - Page 2 56958 The other way to build a bait... - Page 2 56958 The other way to build a bait... - Page 2 56958 The other way to build a bait... - Page 2 622665

Etch
etch
etch

Number of posts : 1193

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/Etch-Custom-Lures-h2.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  LaPala 3/7/2010, 7:56 pm

Haha Etch, probably more Hyde then Jekyll. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LaPala
LaPala

Number of posts : 47

http://www.fishcarverunderground.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tauruck 6/14/2010, 10:21 pm

I build molds, pour my own stuff. Been doing this type work for 30 odd years as a full time job. You guys are having a problem with pinholes?????. I beat those suckers years ago when I started working with Carbon. You try fill them, not easy because a pin hole is actually part of a tiny bubble. Some holes appear to be very small on the surface but beneath it there's a fair size void. You try fill but there's air under your filler and it won't let the material in.
Only solution I can suggest for the problem you guys are having is to use a Gel Coat. Any air entrapment is beneath the surface, you can color it and use it as your base color without priming even. Nice smooth surface you can sand lightly and paint. Or you could wipe it with Acetone which takes the gloss off and actually creates a "key" for your paint.
If you're using fillers in the resin for bouyancy or as a thixotropic bubbles come with the deal. No way around it.
Hope this helps.
tauruck
tauruck

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Post  L3gend Angler 10/22/2010, 11:03 pm

fatfingers wrote:Here's a shot of the bodies I poured Saturday...

I'll post pictures of what they look like finished later. I have a few finished from 2009 that I can post so you can get a better idea of what they look like.

I'll explain the molding process to if there is any interest. It's interesting.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That is very cool!
L3gend Angler
L3gend Angler
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 546

http://flyz.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2