Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asbury Park Fishing Club.

+9
rockfishsmartie
joesfishinproblem
fanatic
BigRock
stevel
Oldsalts
jettyjunkie
Bluesfish
asbury guy
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Asbury Park Fishing Club. - Page 2 Empty Re: Asbury Park Fishing Club.

Post  asbury guy 2/22/2010, 9:03 pm

I was there . Met the Staten Island gang and a lot of friends you don't see until you start fishing. Got 3 Luna pencil poppers and vmc hooks. Oh yea I got my SBO hat. Thanks Red.
asbury guy
asbury guy

Number of posts : 373

http://www.asburyparkfishingclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nitebite 2/23/2010, 8:12 am

Whats up Steve, its Shaun AKA funkyjunky. lol I just join the site a few days ago. just wanted to let you know that I registered. I ll see you soon, March 1st is around the corner. Ill probably see you at the meeting in a week or so. See you around, Shaun
nitebite
nitebite
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post  nitebite 2/23/2010, 8:29 am

Give me a shout when you get a chance. I need to ask you something and I dont have PM privileges yet cause I just joined the other day. Thanks, Shaun
nitebite
nitebite
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 2/23/2010, 9:32 pm

meeting on monday whos going
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  asbury guy 2/23/2010, 9:40 pm

Gona try, work is crazy.
asbury guy
asbury guy

Back to top Go down

Asbury Park Fishing Club. - Page 2 Empty hey steve..

Post  skippy 2/23/2010, 9:56 pm

asbury guy wrote:Gona try, work is crazy.
I will have Loupros plug at the Berkeley show, If I do not see him there I will send it to you.

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Post  asbury guy 2/26/2010, 4:06 pm

OK Skip.
asbury guy
asbury guy

Back to top Go down

Asbury Park Fishing Club. - Page 2 Empty Bigrock down

Post  skippy 2/26/2010, 10:21 pm

Welcome To SBO Okay Bigrock is down, hurt bad.... Will not the shows this year,,,
Hang in there and get well soon Asbury Park Fishing Club. - Page 2 870783

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  asbury guy 3/3/2010, 9:59 pm

Get well soon.
asbury guy
asbury guy

Back to top Go down

Asbury Park Fishing Club. - Page 2 Empty okay

Post  skippy 3/7/2010, 7:40 pm

Big Gene took Loupros plug will give it to him at the next meeting..
Same deal next year, asbury 2010 bigfisher will get a skippy, good luck and thanks to the asbury guys Asbury Park Fishing Club. - Page 2 560155

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 3/7/2010, 7:42 pm

skippy do i get to pick wat plug i will win this year jfp in 2010 baby
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRock 3/16/2010, 2:57 pm

Hi guys,

Hope all is well, just dropping a note to fill you in. On Feb 24th I was leaving my house to head down to Grumpys for the bus trip to Washington. I pulled away and half around the block and decided to go back and get my rain jacket. When I had left I went out the front door but stopping back I pulled up to the side door. I jumped out and ran up the porch not realizing the screen door was locked, so I said a few choice words and turned to go down the steps and head to the front door. I don't really know what happened but I guess one foot got in front of the other, I stumbled and went to catch myself on the railing but it was icy and slippery, my hand slid right off of it and I flew down the steps landing on my knee cap on the concrete patio. I heard a snap and felt severe pain, so I laid there for a minute then tried to get up. My right leg collapsed under my weight and I couldnt move the lower leg. I reached down to grab my knee and it wasnt there, I ran my hand up my thigh and felt my knee cap up in the middle of my thigh. Now I couldnt get in the house on the side because the screen door was locked, so I dragged myself down the next set of stairs to the sidewalk and crawled around my corner property to my front walkway, dragged myself up 2 sets of stairs and got in the house, woke up Cathy and she called the ambulance to take me to the hospital. Turns out I ripped my patella tendon right out of the bone in my lower leg and partially tore it from my thigh muscle. I went to the orthopedist that afternoon and they scheduled me for emergency surgery the next day. I got a sports med guy from Temple University for the surgery, he drilled holes, ran titanium cables and screws and plates, wiring the tendon back in place. The surgery went well but the rehab will be a bitch. April 1st the will start to move it and it will take 6-8 weeks for the range of motion to come back, but I cant put weight on it till range of motion rehab is done, then 6-8 more weeks till I can walk and hopefully drive. Looks like Ill be missing the spring and summer, hell I guess Ill be lucky to make the fall run this year. I am in a lot of pain and trying to manage it, don't want the pain killers but they are a necessity now, but man they screw up your stomach.
Anyway, Im alive, but I'll be out of comission for a while. I had to cancel all the plug shows this year and will eventually get the 2010 batch done. I hope you guys are well and keep in touch, kick ass this spring!!

Russ Paoline
" Big Rock"
BigRock
BigRock

Number of posts : 30

http://www.bigrocklures.com

Back to top Go down

Asbury Park Fishing Club. - Page 2 Empty Fall run

Post  nitebite 3/16/2010, 3:33 pm

BigRock wrote:Hi guys,

Hope all is well, just dropping a note to fill you in. On Feb 24th I was leaving my house to head down to Grumpys for the bus trip to Washington. I pulled away and half around the block and decided to go back and get my rain jacket. When I had left I went out the front door but stopping back I pulled up to the side door. I jumped out and ran up the porch not realizing the screen door was locked, so I said a few choice words and turned to go down the steps and head to the front door. I don't really know what happened but I guess one foot got in front of the other, I stumbled and went to catch myself on the railing but it was icy and slippery, my hand slid right off of it and I flew down the steps landing on my knee cap on the concrete patio. I heard a snap and felt severe pain, so I laid there for a minute then tried to get up. My right leg collapsed under my weight and I couldnt move the lower leg. I reached down to grab my knee and it wasnt there, I ran my hand up my thigh and felt my knee cap up in the middle of my thigh. Now I couldnt get in the house on the side because the screen door was locked, so I dragged myself down the next set of stairs to the sidewalk and crawled around my corner property to my front walkway, dragged myself up 2 sets of stairs and got in the house, woke up Cathy and she called the ambulance to take me to the hospital. Turns out I ripped my patella tendon right out of the bone in my lower leg and partially tore it from my thigh muscle. I went to the orthopedist that afternoon and they scheduled me for emergency surgery the next day. I got a sports med guy from Temple University for the surgery, he drilled holes, ran titanium cables and screws and plates, wiring the tendon back in place. The surgery went well but the rehab will be a bitch. April 1st the will start to move it and it will take 6-8 weeks for the range of motion to come back, but I cant put weight on it till range of motion rehab is done, then 6-8 more weeks till I can walk and hopefully drive. Looks like Ill be missing the spring and summer, hell I guess Ill be lucky to make the fall run this year. I am in a lot of pain and trying to manage it, don't want the pain killers but they are a necessity now, but man they screw up your stomach.
Anyway, Im alive, but I'll be out of comission for a while. I had to cancel all the plug shows this year and will eventually get the 2010 batch done. I hope you guys are well and keep in touch, kick ass this spring!!

Russ Paoline
" Big Rock"

Hey Russ, I'm in the Asbury Club and Definitely missed your presence at the show. I always buy a couple of your swimmers and hope to see you at next March's show. I've had 2 spinal fusion that were caused from getting hurt playing baseball at Rutgers. I fractured 2 vertebrates and it took me a year to get back on my feet but now I'm out on the Beach and Jetties every spring and fall. I know you be back and running in no time. Hope to see on the beach in the fall. I know what your going through and its important to keep your head up especially through all the rehab. Just try to only take those pain pills when its absolutely necessary because its it a real ***** trying to stop. I can proudly say that I haven't taking any pain pills for over 5 months now and In my experience, coming off the meds was just as hard as recovering from the injury. Everyone is different Russ, and you might not have a problem at all, but I just wanted to warn you now because I hate to see a guy like you get caught up in that ****. I know you'll be back on your feet and turning out great lures in no time, and I'll make sure I catch a couple slobs for you this Spring. Hang in their Russ and always keep a positive attitude. Get well soon,
Shaun
nitebite
nitebite
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Asbury Park Fishing Club. - Page 2 Empty TY Shaun

Post  BigRock 3/22/2010, 5:39 pm

Took your advise and dropped the Percocets a week ago, **** it ill take the pain, which is easing up some, rather than the effects of those pills. Couldn't eat, couldn't ****, couldn't think straight for more than 5min, forgot when my friends called to check on me....blah blah. Some nasty stuff for sure. Thanks bro! See you in the fall...
BigRock
BigRock

Number of posts : 30

http://www.bigrocklures.com

Back to top Go down

Post  WetSideShawn 3/24/2010, 2:57 pm

Whats up asbury WETSIDEEE in the thread now!!!

Asbury Park Fishing Club. - Page 2 870783
WetSideShawn
WetSideShawn

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  asbury guy 3/28/2010, 4:41 pm

Get well soon Rock. That story makes my knee hurt. Hi shawn time to fish. The asbury boys are catchin stedy when water temps go up. See ya on the water.
asbury guy
asbury guy

Back to top Go down

Post  technologist 4/9/2010, 7:22 pm

Hey Steve,

Joined the club at the last meeting?

John
technologist
technologist

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Asbury Park Fishing Club. - Page 2 Empty Asbury Park Fishing Club Fishing Flea Market

Post  technologist 3/9/2014, 5:22 am

It's today guys! Sunday March 9
technologist
technologist

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2