Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Went out today for my first day of bowhunting

+2
Minivin5
striperslayer
6 posters

Go down

Went out today for my first day of bowhunting Empty Went out today for my first day of bowhunting

Post  striperslayer 9/4/2009, 2:14 pm

Saw 6, and had an 8 point just pop up at about 12 yards, I got my bow up and he busted. It was my first encounter with a deer that close and boy was I nervous. I am going out this afternoon, saturday and monday so hopefully I will get one, I will keep you guys posted
striperslayer
striperslayer

Number of posts : 325

Back to top Go down

Went out today for my first day of bowhunting Empty Re: Went out today for my first day of bowhunting

Post  Minivin5 9/4/2009, 4:29 pm

striperslayer wrote:Saw 6, and had an 8 point just pop up at about 12 yards, I got my bow up and he busted. It was my first encounter with a deer that close and boy was I nervous. I am going out this afternoon, saturday and monday so hopefully I will get one, I will keep you guys posted

Keep us posted!! :shock:
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Went out today for my first day of bowhunting Empty Re: Went out today for my first day of bowhunting

Post  joesfishinproblem 9/4/2009, 4:53 pm

nice we are ginna guve them hell in nj on the 12th good luck and remember be slow in the tree.... Very Happy
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 9/4/2009, 6:37 pm

SS GOOD DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!When their close it's really something ain't it!!!!!!!!!!

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 9/4/2009, 8:47 pm

GOOD LUCK BE EASY IN THE TREE.
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  striperslayer 9/5/2009, 10:45 am

Thanks for the comments guys, I went last night and kicked up three in the field walking in. This morning we saw 4, I had my chance at a small doe and I froze up. Hopefully I wont do that next time. Good luck on the 12th joe, knock em dead!
striperslayer
striperslayer

Back to top Go down

Post  striperslayer 9/5/2009, 10:46 am

Oh yea guys, I hunt on the ground from makeshift blinds out of brush so being on the ground that close to one is amazing
striperslayer
striperslayer

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 9/5/2009, 12:36 pm

I guess you don't fish anymore huh? lol!
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  striperslayer 9/5/2009, 4:18 pm

just waiting for the fall run, then I will be multi tasking, goose hunting, duck hunting, deer hunting, and striper fishing.

(by the way, I went out for striper sunday night and caught 19)
striperslayer
striperslayer

Back to top Go down

Post  striperslayer 9/7/2009, 10:53 am

Went out again saturday afternoon and this morning, saw 1 saturday, wayyy to far. Saw 5 this moning at about 75 yards, all does. hoping to go out again this afternoon, if I do I will keep you updated
striperslayer
striperslayer

Back to top Go down

Post  striperslayer 9/8/2009, 4:06 pm

went out last night, saw 3 walking in, and a decent 8 while in the blind but it got dark before I could shoot
striperslayer
striperslayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down