Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transporting rods in short bed pick up?

+2
Oldsalts
Gone_fishing
6 posters

Go down

Transporting rods in short bed pick up? Empty Transporting rods in short bed pick up?

Post  Gone_fishing 4/6/2009, 10:10 pm

Hey guys, I have a 2x4 pick up for work. I am in sales so it's got the flip up bed cover. Problem is that many of my rods are too big to transport in the bed diagonally. Since I have a baby using the inside of the truck is out.

Thoughts?

Gone_fishing

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Transporting rods in short bed pick up? Empty Re: Transporting rods in short bed pick up?

Post  Oldsalts 4/6/2009, 10:38 pm

Gone_fishing wrote:Hey guys, I have a 2x4 pick up for work. I am in sales so it's got the flip up bed cover. Problem is that many of my rods are too big to transport in the bed diagonally. Since I have a baby using the inside of the truck is out.

Thoughts?

Rod rack across the bed at an angle out the back....like a rocket launcher on a boat
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Transporting rods in short bed pick up? Empty Re: Transporting rods in short bed pick up?

Post  Marsh Mist 4/7/2009, 10:20 am

I have a 4 rod rack that fits my 2" reciever. I think it's made by anglers, easy on/off. I've traveled from Manahawkin to IBSP with rods in it with no problem.
Hank
Marsh Mist
Marsh Mist

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post  Gone_fishing 4/10/2009, 10:02 pm

Update...double checked my rods yesterday. Here is my problem. My 2 big surf rods don't fit diagonally in the bed. If I get a cooler rack I would put it on the back of my pick up but the long part of the rods is the top. My thought is to get copper pipe insulation tubes and put around then put in the rack's tubes. Good idea? Any thoughts on what brand to get and/or where to buy? LOoking at one from Digital dagger now.

Gone_fishing

Back to top Go down

Post  asbury guy 4/23/2009, 10:40 pm

Gone_fishing wrote:Update...double checked my rods yesterday. Here is my problem. My 2 big surf rods don't fit diagonally in the bed. If I get a cooler rack I would put it on the back of my pick up but the long part of the rods is the top. My thought is to get copper pipe insulation tubes and put around then put in the rack's tubes. Good idea? Any thoughts on what brand to get and/or where to buy? LOoking at one from Digital dagger now.
Try ski racks.
asbury guy
asbury guy

Number of posts : 373

http://www.asburyparkfishingclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gone_fishing 4/25/2009, 9:57 am

I don't have a roof rack. Thinking about getting teh rod holder tubes from Cabelas. I will then have that stick out of the bed and rachet down the bed lid.

Gone_fishing

Back to top Go down

Post  anthonycapy 5/5/2009, 10:27 pm

this one is madTransporting rods in short bed pick up? Dsc00013e out of pvc
anthonycapy
anthonycapy

Number of posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post  RocksandReds 4/29/2010, 1:38 am

Here is one I make
Transporting rods in short bed pick up? 100_2278
RocksandReds
RocksandReds

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down