Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Montauk permits?

4 posters

Go down

Montauk permits? Empty Montauk permits?

Post  Captain Ahab 10/4/2012, 12:46 pm

what permits will I need to fish Montauk?
Captain Ahab
Captain Ahab
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 403

http://UCHelpCenter.com

Back to top Go down

Montauk permits? Empty Re: Montauk permits?

Post  handyman 10/5/2012, 8:28 pm

NY registeration threw decal........stay away from the light house.......disapointing seeing all the snaggers with there heavy AVAS throwing in the middle of the pods........ good luck....alot of fish......oh no charge for the registration

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 10/6/2012, 3:25 pm

Capt as Handy posted, All you need is a New York salt water fishing registry card. You can get it for free online. You can Google the site "Decal NY"

If you want to run up soon and not wait I don't believe you will have a problem. I have never seen anyone being checked or heard of anyone being checked for the registration. It's kind of the same type registry as in NJ.
The only other thing would be the cost of parking which is $8 to park in the "Montauck LightHouse State Park" where the light house is and almost all of the fishing is done.
Oh and gas is up to $4.80 a Gal up there, so try to fill up before going into NY.

It can be a zoo up there at times. Like now the word is out that the bite is on and the crowds are on the beach. I have even seen 1 fisherman chasing a pod of blitzing bass walk under another 3 fisherman's rod and line as they were plugging mad Just so he could keep up with a passing school of blitzing bass. Also alot of guys think it's a must to cast right into the pod of bass so they will cast across 3 or 4 pluggers lines to try to have their plug or metal right into the fish. It is worth a trip if even to see the beauty of blitzing bass like they are up there.

My advice would be a midweek trip Montauk permits? 92223

Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 10/6/2012, 4:56 pm

You may need an East Hampton parking permit if you chose to park at any other beach in the area, read the signs !!
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Ahab 10/6/2012, 5:23 pm

Thanks for the replies - did make it up no blitzing bass

Did manage to catch them anyway - saw no one else catching anything but zzzzzzzzs

Meet 126Andy which was awesome - always good to meet people you interact with online

Missed meeting Smitty as we left after the bite shut down once the sun was up - hopefully he found some fish for the afternoon bite

Let you in on a little secret - when there is bait in close swimming out to the furthest possible rock you can brave means you probably swam over the feeding bass

We caught all of our fish in close - one that hit my burble bomber as I was about to lift it from the water (two tips there - finish the retrieve and BP Bomber - i like jointed ones Very Happy )

Seems like everyone was hard at work with pencil poppers - except the bass wow

Last edited by Captain Ahab on 10/6/2012, 10:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Captain Ahab
Captain Ahab
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 403

http://UCHelpCenter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  handyman 10/6/2012, 6:52 pm

lol............... yea i was at that spot they were tailing close.......

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down