Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shutting down this site

+24
striperslayer
woodwker99
Kevnmary
lastfish1
naspinsz
MarkC
Biggestsquid
A.O.K.
Large John
kingfishking
rider3
126andy
SurfChick
Oldsalts
stevel
JayDizzle
Chunkah
Lbifisherman429
Captain Ahab
Zmat
Menacer
JeffL
whitey
smitty
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shutting down this site  Empty Shutting down this site

Post  smitty 5/2/2012, 3:39 pm

I have decided to shut this site down so if you have any unfinished business with anyone on this site you better get what ever contacts you need cause when i close it i dont plan to reopen it....

This could happen today or next month its all depending on what the sponsors agree to.

I have been run threw the ringer one to many times and will have no part in it any more....

Running this site i have had to place restraining orders against people i have had death threats made upon me and my family i have been bullied my name has been bashed time and time again well its over I'm going back to fishing the way i always did and thats with real friends and no more INTERNET fishing for me.....

Please do not try to change my mind its not going to happen this is a done deal.......

fishing
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Shutting down this site  Empty Re: Shutting down this site

Post  whitey 5/2/2012, 4:07 pm

Sorry to hear it and i can only imagine all that shat involved with running a site .. Thanks for the good times Shutting down this site  92223

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  JeffL 5/2/2012, 5:04 pm

Well smitty thanks for all that you did. Does suck to see the site go but I will be seeing you on the sand buddy..
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 914

Back to top Go down

Post  Menacer 5/2/2012, 5:18 pm

Sucks to hear man. I thought this was the best fishing forums available its a shame to see it go. Hopefully you do change your mind but if not ill be seeing ya on the sand brotha! fishing
Menacer
Menacer

Number of posts : 322

Back to top Go down

Post  Zmat 5/2/2012, 5:31 pm

While I am sorry to hear the news, I respect what you are doing and completely understand. It was nice while it lasted and I learned a bunch of stuff here. I'm sure we'll meet up slammin' stripers in the suds again shortly. Thanks for all the hard work you have put in Smitty.

Any one interested in swapping contacts please feel free to e-mail me [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Zmat

Number of posts : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Ahab 5/2/2012, 6:01 pm

Sorry to hear this as it has been one of my fav. places to visit

I understand that you need to do what you need to do and wish you all of the best

Captain Ahab
Captain Ahab
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 403

http://UCHelpCenter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lbifisherman429 5/2/2012, 6:25 pm

I am sorry to see that this is happening.
anyone who wants to stay in touch friend me on FB or email me
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lbifisherman429
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 391

Back to top Go down

Post  Chunkah 5/2/2012, 6:34 pm

This is really too bad...this has been a great place to come hang out, gain some knowledge, and participate in swaps etc. I always felt like the advantage of SBO was that it was a bit "smaller" than some of the other sites. This place will be missed and thanks for providing it, while it lasted. That being said, nothing could be worth the bs you've described and you're smart to shut it down and walk away.
Chunkah
Chunkah
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Post  JayDizzle 5/2/2012, 6:37 pm

It was a good run while it lasted boss. As much as I am sad to see this place go, I totally understand where you're coming from. Thanks for all your hard work in giving us all a place to congregate. I wish you nothing but the best Smitty! I'm honored to call you a friend, and sorry that you had to deal with the bullshit.
JayDizzle
JayDizzle

Number of posts : 366

https://www.facebook.com/decarlojason

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 5/2/2012, 6:45 pm

Welcome To SBO Smitty back you 100% on any choice you make ...been here with some of the others
for the whole ride ...Its been the best of times and also witnessed some bad times ...through it all you where
there to do what was right ...THANKS FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE ....met some great people here for sure and hope
to maintain the friendships that I have obtained here on SBO with them...Smitty your one of the true great people
I have met you would give the shirt off your back to help someone and that my friend is the mark of a great man
Thanks for the memories its been fun...GOD BLESS
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 5/2/2012, 6:46 pm

Yep Smitty what Jason said hits the nail on the head and really cant say to much more and look forward to fishng with you and our family that we had here on SBO...See you on the sand or water soon my friend...!!!
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SurfChick 5/2/2012, 6:47 pm

This was a really great site and its sad to see it go. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to this site. I learned alot from the site. I respect your decision and completely understand why. I wish you the best and see ya on the beach!
SurfChick
SurfChick

Number of posts : 760

Back to top Go down

Post  126andy 5/2/2012, 6:50 pm

Smitty--Sorry to see this site will be closing. I had a good time here. I'll be watching FB for some more of your aerial photos, You have my email and FB ID if you want to ever shoot the breeze or need anything.
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rider3 5/2/2012, 6:51 pm

this is a damn shame.........................But it it is what it is.............Iv made alot of great friends here............Not just friend, but family........Lets stay in touch.............And ill see yas on the sand..........Hopefully..............
rider3
rider3
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post  kingfishking 5/2/2012, 6:55 pm

sad to see it go but I know some of what you went through and can understand why, was a awesome site only one I check everyday lol will be missed by many people.
kingfishking
kingfishking
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 458

http://www.mtlmfg.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Large John 5/2/2012, 6:58 pm

Peace out!! See ya all on the sand, Thanks Smity
Large John
Large John

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post  A.O.K. 5/2/2012, 7:11 pm

Thanks Smitty, I can understand your decision whole-heartedly.
ya done good!
A.O.K.
A.O.K.

Number of posts : 249

http://www.aoktackle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Biggestsquid 5/2/2012, 7:14 pm

Damned shame --- I always figured running a site would be a consuming passion but never dreamt of the adverse implications taht you encountered.

Best of luck and good fortune for you, my friend.

Biggestsquid

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkC 5/2/2012, 7:28 pm

Sorry to hear your closing this brilliant forum its going to be real hard for me to keep in-touch with the friends Ive made through the chat, i fully back your decision on what ever you decide
And i thank you for being able to be apart of this site even though im 4000 miles away,

Take care and catch plenty

Mark
MarkC
MarkC

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post  naspinsz 5/2/2012, 7:38 pm

sad to see it go but completely understand. thank you for time, giveaways, and wealth of information this site provided.

Look out for me, Raritan Bay to OB3.

fishing
naspinsz
naspinsz

Number of posts : 514

Back to top Go down

Post  lastfish1 5/2/2012, 8:49 pm

Sorry to see this happen. I understand why you are doing this but I don't understand the people who have to threaten you about this site. It's a great site for fishing information and will be missed. Good luck smitty.

lastfish1

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 5/2/2012, 9:43 pm

Wow. As much as I understand you not wanting to deal with the BS anymore Smitty I can't help but think you're letting that little midget intimidate you. It feels like he's going to win and get exactly what he wants. I can imagine his next posts on Facebook. He's going to be bragging that he and his idiot cronies took down SBO. This really disappoints me. SBO was like home, great people, great community. Maybe someone wants to take it over for you?

Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkC 5/2/2012, 9:51 pm

Kevnmary wrote:Wow. As much as I understand you not wanting to deal with the BS anymore Smitty I can't help but think you're letting that little midget intimidate you. It feels like he's going to win and get exactly what he wants. I can imagine his next posts on Facebook. He's going to be bragging that he and his idiot cronies took down SBO. This really disappoints me. SBO was like home, great people, great community. Maybe someone wants to take it over for you?

Well said

mark
MarkC
MarkC

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post  woodwker99 5/2/2012, 10:28 pm

Smitty, sorry to hear this. it was a good site. will miss it. Just one favor wait till we find out who won the last give a way.

Tight lines to you.
woodwker99
woodwker99

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post  striperslayer 5/2/2012, 10:43 pm

damn thats sad. Ive been here since almost the beginning, and was a kid when it started and felt really excepted as you guys,
and consider alot of you not only friends but mentors. I learned a large portion of what i Know about fishing due to this site,
and no other site out there can compare. Smitty, I'm very sad to see it go but we all understand why.
striperslayer
striperslayer

Number of posts : 325

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next