Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Jersey Beach Access

+3
handyman
smitty
Charlie G.
7 posters

Go down

New Jersey Beach Access Empty New Jersey Beach Access

Post  Charlie G. 5/27/2011, 8:00 pm

There was a nj beach access meeting held this past Monday in Seaside Heights. I was wondering if any of the members here attended? I am wondering how it went and any specifics that were discussed. I think there are more of these meetings scheduled.
I'd hate to think NJ would close beaches to fishing access.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

New Jersey Beach Access Empty Re: New Jersey Beach Access

Post  Charlie G. 5/29/2011, 5:08 pm

So I take it no one has gone to these meetings about keeping NJ beaches open to fisherman.
Have any locals attended any of these meetings ????
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 5/29/2011, 7:23 pm

I found this report on the meeting on "another site" and wanted to bring it to members here.
Also there is another meeting scheduled. If you are local and can attend please help.
I live 2hrs from there and round trip costs me $50. in gas so as a retired fisherman it's hard for me money wise but I hope some one close to Brant Beach will attend.

Seaside access meeting review - NOT GOOD
I understand that it was in the middle of the workday on a Monday - but there sure were enough fisherman's trucks parked at the street ends between Bayhead and Seaside. If half those guys had shown up to the meeting we could have made an impact.

This is the biggest, most important fight we've ever had and as of right now, we're losing.
No, let me rephrase that - We're giving it all away

There were about 50 people there probably 20 of them were marina owners and town mayors speaking out in favor of the new rules

One of the people who spoke used a line that resonated with a lot of us.
"The impact of the 2007 rules were harsh and difficult for the marinas and for the industrial plants in the north - but don't fix that by ruining beach access"

"Fix what's broke - If it's not broke leave it alone"

We have one final chance to make ourselves heard - Put this on your calendar :

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 7PM
Long Beach Township Court Room (same as Council Chambers)
6805 Long Beach Boulevard, Brant Beach, NJ 08008

FYI, this meeting is deep in enemy territory.

Long Beach Township is the town that's wants money for sand but refuses to give access to get that money - it's been an ongoing battle for a few years now. Combined with the fact that the DEP has been sending letters to local municipal leaders to come and speak out (Lobbying against you with your taxpayer monies) - There's going to be a lot of pro change voices in the room

Sneaky tactics by the DEP so we absolutely have to overwhelm them with numbers or we are going to lose this fight

Don't be apathetic, ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 5/29/2011, 10:34 pm

This is bad news for everyone and we need to stand up and fight back.....
I think its pretty shitty that they have the meetings at time they know the working man cant attend just not fare mad
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  handyman 5/31/2011, 9:10 am

say charlie........im in the same boat your in .........50.00 dollars in gas just to get down there......well if some of us cant get down there i guess its time to start a patition..........and send it in............some how i would think it would all work out in the end for us..............you figure 195.00 per beach acess pass multiply that times the amout of trucks on the beach.........and some dude from the state with slippery fingers slick as an EEL.........slippin the green backs down his shorts...........the only thing id like to see is when im fishing is when some surfer dude walks on the beach with a surfboard.......and swims out where im fishin......and starts surfing....nobody from patrol throws him off the beach.................thats when you need Murph with you........he can target pratice with his new groundhog reducer......his AK.....22.5.........and feed the dude to the sharks

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 6/2/2011, 11:18 pm

I just got back for the meeting in long beach island...
Great turnout with lots of support from locals along with fishermen as far as pa JIM HILL a friend to many fishermen took the stand along with a large support from the surf rider foundation.
I will post a few pictures friday...
Guys this is no joke man we need to really take this too heart they are proposing to shut down a lot of beach access with 1/2 mile intervals and thats just to start....
I will get in to details more this weekend.. I'm beat and off to bed...

Last edited by smitty on 6/3/2011, 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
smitty
smitty

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisL 6/3/2011, 12:08 am

Good turnout tonight. Lots of well thought out comments opposing the new rule.
From what I heard, the previous meetings were stacked against us, but the large majority at tonight's meetings were on our side.
And I was very pleased to see everyone act in a respectful manor.

Nice to finally meet ya Smitty.

ChrisL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 6/11/2011, 11:11 am

This video will give you idea of what this is all about.....

smitty
smitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Tacklebox Joe 6/11/2011, 2:18 pm

ATTENTION PUBLIC ACCESS ADVOCATES:
NJDEP commissioner Martin calls for an extended meeting regarding public beach access!!! I was contacted by the commissioners office a few days ago and received an invitation to an advisory meeting which will consist of fishermen only. This is great news that they want to meet with invited fisherman. As long a they are still talking there is still hope for fisherman and access. If they pass this legislation and we lose we will never get it back.

Responsible fisherman tend to be the best conservationists, naturalists, and the most respectful persons on our beaches. Restricting access to fishermen would be an irreversible tragedy.

Thank you to all who got involved. We apparently made an impact.
Tacklebox Joe
Tacklebox Joe

Number of posts : 25

http://www.stripercoastsurfcasters.us

Back to top Go down

Post  salt shaker 6/11/2011, 10:14 pm

NJBBA was requesting letters be sent prior to the meeting to a Gary Bower ESq I sent one and what ever else they wanted us to do... another case of the public getting screwed by the money men. They pass this and they control the beaches and it will be a cold day in hell when a fisherman has any rights at all..... join up and help out, once it's gone it's gone. The public doctrine has been in effect for centuries since the time of the Romans and the Kings, just takes some money hungry pols to get their hooks into it and all else is frgotten..... salt
salt shaker
salt shaker
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post  Tacklebox Joe 6/13/2011, 3:48 pm

Yes and NJBBA is one of the major players opposing this rule along with surfrider foundation and the american littoral society. my hats off to all these organizations for a job well done!!!!
Tacklebox Joe
Tacklebox Joe

Number of posts : 25

http://www.stripercoastsurfcasters.us

Back to top Go down

New Jersey Beach Access Empty Ledger interview

Post  nitebite 8/6/2011, 2:31 pm

Damn, that guy Shaun being interviewed by the Ledger reporter is one sexy bitch.lol. Im shocked that you stumbled upon that video Smitty, I didn't even think it would ever be aired. The reporter told me the video would probably never be posted because the fight for NJ surf fishing access wasn't a top priority in news today. Regardless of the controversy over public beach access, I couldn't help to notice how bad the camera man spot burned me.lol.

Shaun
nitebite
nitebite
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 8/6/2011, 6:04 pm

nitebite wrote:Damn, that guy Shaun being interviewed by the Ledger reporter is one sexy bitch.lol. Im shocked that you stumbled upon that video Smitty, I didn't even think it would ever be aired. The reporter told me the video would probably never be posted because the fight for NJ surf fishing access wasn't a top priority in news today. Regardless of the controversy over public beach access, I couldn't help to notice how bad the camera man spot burned me.lol.

Shaun

yup you have been burned ....... lol!
smitty
smitty

Back to top Go down

Post  nitebite 8/8/2011, 12:39 pm

LOL, I def was. Its alright though, the part of the jetty I fish is dangerous as hell so only nut jobs like me ever fish off the end.
nitebite
nitebite
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 8/8/2011, 7:16 pm

God Bless this reporter for getting down to telling it like it really is. It' an elitist group of rich home owners that want to exclude the average person from being in their community.
And I bet he donated big to Christy's reelection to get consideration on passing this bill. From what this looser home owner says all non community beach goers are riffraff.

I would think that the average NJ citizen would be outraged at this.

I wonder why the ACLU hasn't jumped on this as a discriminatory law against the general public.

And Shaun your a natural on camera lol! , Great to see us fisherman can act like gentlemen when needed. Not just saying "I'll kick any ones ass that tries to make me leave this beach".
Thank You Shaun New Jersey Beach Access 92223 New Jersey Beach Access 92223
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Back to top Go down

Post  nitebite 8/9/2011, 6:41 am

Thanks Charlie
nitebite
nitebite
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER