Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vegetable Garden

5 posters

Go down

Vegetable Garden Empty Vegetable Garden

Post  tom1276 5/26/2011, 11:48 am

Who else has a garden in their backyard??? Mine is 12 feet wide by 40 feet long. I may expand it even longer next year.

I haven't had one in years... I finally got around to putting one in this year.

I put in Corn,Tomato's,Cucumbers,Carrots, Eggplant, String Beans, and Green Peppers. I can't wait to harvest it... My wife said if you put it in you take care of it. I'm not doing anything. She said you pull the weeds & water it.. I was like fine then I get to eat it all. LOL She didn't like that too much...

popcorn popcorn popcorn
tom1276
tom1276

Number of posts : 572

Back to top Go down

Vegetable Garden Empty Re: Vegetable Garden

Post  JayDizzle 5/26/2011, 2:59 pm

Here's my garden.........

Vegetable Garden Gardenbefore

Vegetable Garden Gardenafter

Vegetable Garden Gardenplanted

These are from last year. There were 5 types of tomatoes, green, red, & cubanelle peppers, cucumbers, green beans, green onions, zucchini, basil, & parsley. I have yet to plant anything this year. I'm running late!
Since I manage a bamboo warehouse and can build some pretty sick custom bamboo fences, I figured I'd section off an area to keep the local critters out.
JayDizzle
JayDizzle

Number of posts : 366

https://www.facebook.com/decarlojason

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 5/26/2011, 6:58 pm

JayDizzle wrote:Here's my garden.........

Vegetable Garden Gardenbefore

Vegetable Garden Gardenafter

Vegetable Garden Gardenplanted

These are from last year. There were 5 types of tomatoes, green, red, & cubanelle peppers, cucumbers, green beans, green onions, zucchini, basil, & parsley. I have yet to plant anything this year. I'm running late!
Since I manage a bamboo warehouse and can build some pretty sick custom bamboo fences, I figured I'd section off an area to keep the local critters out.

Cool Jason i know where you live,,,,LOLOL
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tom1276 5/27/2011, 8:57 am

Nice I'll have to post some picks of mine after I'm done weeding it out... LOL
tom1276
tom1276

Back to top Go down

Post  tom1276 6/17/2011, 2:41 pm

Top Pic is Bell Peppers, Then String beans, Tomato's, Eggplant, Carrots, Cucumbers, and Corn... So far looking good Can't wait to eat what I worked so hard on... Enjoy the pics guys...

Vegetable Garden Dsc00210

Vegetable Garden Dsc00211

Vegetable Garden Dsc00212

Vegetable Garden Dsc00213

Vegetable Garden Dsc00214

Vegetable Garden Dsc00215

Vegetable Garden Dsc00216
tom1276
tom1276

Back to top Go down

Post  naspinsz 6/20/2011, 10:40 pm

my zucchini is growing like wild fire right now! i'll try to get a pic up for you guys! we have tomatoes, green peppers, string beans, eggplant, and cucumbers also looking good! few more weeks and should get some good results!
naspinsz
naspinsz

Number of posts : 514

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 6/27/2011, 12:21 pm

I love having a garden but this year we are moving so I didn't plant anything except flowers to stage the house for sale. The other problem we have up here in North Jersey is a serious lack of honey bees. I have planted zucchini every year and get huge plants but no fruit because there is nothing but bumble bees to pollinate them. Same goes for some cukes and anything else that is not self pollinating.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  tom1276 7/25/2011, 9:26 pm

My garden has gone to ****. Effin' Rabbits. They ate my bell peppers, a few eggplants, A few tomato's a lil bit of everything. I have a fence up but the little bastards got in.

NOW I think the squirrels are eating my corn. WTF I can't win. Might as well rip everything out of the ground no sense keeping it if the lil fuzzy bastards are gonna eat everything. I am soooooo disappointed and worked so hard on the dam thing. UGH!!!!!.

I want to shoot the lil bastards and make rabbit stew but I guess I don't have the heart to kill them. Oh well I hope I have better luck next year any suggestions.

popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn
tom1276
tom1276

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down