Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello People - Urban Fisher Over here!

+5
naspinsz
sanmigrokz3
eurojett05
whitey
Pierre
9 posters

Go down

Hello People - Urban Fisher Over here! Empty Hello People - Urban Fisher Over here!

Post  Pierre 1/9/2011, 11:59 pm

Hi everyone,

Very new to this forum, I am glad to post in here. cool

I have been fishing since my early childhood and I feel fortunate everytime I catch a striper. I am originally a fresh water guy but I now almost exclusevily fish in the salt (~4 years). I live, work and fish in NYC. My favorite techniques are spinning and fly fishing.

"On the Water" magazine recently gave me the opportunity to publish an article about "Urban Fishing" in NYC so if you have questions about this kind of fishing, well, I ll do my best to answer. Very Happy

Even though I still have a ton to learn, I love surf fishing and I have a profound respect for the sport and his actors.

2010 has been a tough year for me but I have the feeling 2011 is going to be a great great year. Hello People - Urban Fisher Over here! 962367

If you have a second, visit my blog: http://ifishnewyork.blogspot.com/

All the best,
Pierre

Pierre

Number of posts : 7

http://I live, work and fish in NYC. My favorite techniques are

Back to top Go down

Hello People - Urban Fisher Over here! Empty Re: Hello People - Urban Fisher Over here!

Post  whitey 1/11/2011, 3:52 pm

cool stuff in the blog .. is that your girlfriend Hello People - Urban Fisher Over here! 92223

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Hello People - Urban Fisher Over here! Empty Re: Hello People - Urban Fisher Over here!

Post  Pierre 1/11/2011, 3:58 pm

Thank you for your comment!

Better than my girlfriend it is my wife Very Happy

Pierre

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 1/11/2011, 6:02 pm

Welcome To SBO
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  sanmigrokz3 1/11/2011, 6:30 pm

Hey Pierre!

Welcome To SBO

Congrats on your article in On The Water. It as the first thing I turned to when I got my magazine. I often drive up the FDR and see a lot of guys fishing the east river. I always knew there were a lot of fish in those waters but never got a chance to try it out because I had a car to worry about. Now, look at you having all the fun out there because you don't. You must get some strange looks on the subways with your rod and waders.

Next time I see a fly fisherman out there, I'll yell out "SBO" and you'll know its me. Hello People - Urban Fisher Over here! 870783

Keep in touch!

Third

sanmigrokz3
sanmigrokz3
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post  naspinsz 1/13/2011, 2:35 am

Welcome To SBO Welcome To SBO

Pierre,

The article was the first I read also! I am one to try and fish every spot no matter where it is, so I loved what you wrote! Good to have you here! Love the fly setup by the way!

Look forward to your posts!

cheers cheers
naspinsz
naspinsz

Number of posts : 514

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 1/13/2011, 8:45 am

Pierre Welcome To SBO happy to have you aboard make your self at home Very Happy
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 1/13/2011, 8:48 am

Welcome To SBO enjoy the site Welcome To SBO
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 1/13/2011, 8:53 am

welcome to the site...... enjoy your stay here...... Welcome To SBO

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre 1/16/2011, 3:21 pm

Thank you guys! cool

I think my obsession is so damn strong that I could pretty much fish everywhere, all the time - The only thing I still can't figure out is that if I prefer fishing with lures...or with flies Very Happy

I personally enjoy more than anything exploring new fishing grounds, trying new approaches and I feel BLESSED to be doing this on the beautiful shores of New York and New Jersey cool

Guys, coming from a country where commercial fishing and pollution have been destroying pretty much all the ressources....you don't know how lucky you (we) are to be fishing these waters!!!

All the very best,
Pierre

Pierre

Back to top Go down

Post  handyman 1/16/2011, 6:47 pm

welcome pierre great atrical in OTW mag i read it....now when i have to go to visit my daughter in soho i wont be board cause ill head down to the river......excelant artical.......im new to the forum aswell

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down