Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fly Fishing for the First Time.....

+2
fishincrazy
SurfChick
6 posters

Go down

Fly Fishing for the First Time..... Empty Fly Fishing for the First Time.....

Post  SurfChick 3/7/2009, 3:23 pm

Want to try Fly Fishing for the very first time , something new.

I've been reading up on it :study: and sounds fun :P
I have a pond down the road from me that I can go and practice. Practice made perfect. 8)
Any input or tips would be great. :)

Thanks!

~Andrea~ ❤
SurfChick
SurfChick

Number of posts : 760

Back to top Go down

Fly Fishing for the First Time..... Empty Re: Fly Fishing for the First Time.....

Post  fishincrazy 3/7/2009, 9:07 pm

SC You gotta take it slow by this I mean you can't force the line to do what you want,You must get the motion smooth in your cast.to do this you gatta go slow and right practice does make perfect!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!! Very Happy

FC cheers

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Fly Fishing for the First Time..... Empty Re: Fly Fishing for the First Time.....

Post  SurfChick 3/7/2009, 11:19 pm

fishincrazy wrote:SC You gotta take it slow by this I mean you can't force the line to do what you want,You must get the motion smooth in your cast.to do this you gatta go slow and right practice does make perfect!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!! Very Happy

FC cheers

Thanks for the tip! :face:
SurfChick
SurfChick

Back to top Go down

Post  surffishn 3/7/2009, 11:21 pm

I always tell folks new to fly rods that it sure is not rocket science.It however pays to get a casting lesson or watch a good video on casting.Anything Lefty Kreh Puts out is well worth the watch or read.Another thing the fish do not know a good cast from a bad one.So if the fly hits the water you just may be ok. I know cause my wife out fished me many a day with ugly lookin casts. :shock:

surffishn
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post  NORMAN85 3/9/2009, 10:52 am

I want to get back in to fly fishing im looking around for a midrange 7-8 weight rod preferably st croix or a comparable brand any recommendations?
NORMAN85
NORMAN85
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 167

http://www.justin.tv/namron_

Back to top Go down

Post  SurfChick 3/9/2009, 11:52 am

NORMAN85 wrote:I want to get back in to fly fishing im looking around for a midrange 7-8 weight rod preferably st croix or a comparable brand any recommendations?

A friend of mine is giving me a Tsf 9074 9' 7 Wt. Classic 4-piece Saltwater Rod By Redington. Not sure how good it is cause it's my first time with fly fishing :)
SurfChick
SurfChick

Back to top Go down

Post  NORMAN85 3/9/2009, 11:54 am

SurfChick wrote:
NORMAN85 wrote:I want to get back in to fly fishing im looking around for a midrange 7-8 weight rod preferably st croix or a comparable brand any recommendations?

A friend of mine is giving me a Tsf 9074 9' 7 Wt. Classic 4-piece Saltwater Rod By Redington. Not sure how good it is cause it's my first time with fly fishing :)
No kiddin , I started on a 26 dollar sci angler ...it worked ..haha but best of luck with your new rod i hope it brings you many fishies.
NORMAN85
NORMAN85
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 167

http://www.justin.tv/namron_

Back to top Go down

Post  technologist 3/13/2009, 3:00 pm

surfishin has it right. Watch a video, I can show you, but I can't tell you!
technologist
technologist

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post  Striperknight 3/13/2009, 4:00 pm

Find a club or TU group that is giving free lessons. Start out learning to cast correctly instead of developing bad habits and then relearning.

Striperknight

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down