Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fly Rods and Steelhead:

3 posters

Go down

Fly Rods and Steelhead: Empty Fly Rods and Steelhead:

Post  fishincrazy 3/4/2009, 12:54 am

I got this buddy who is consumed with steelhead fishing!!!I've been there and seen it it's awesome!!!!I've got a nice fenwick 9wt rod need a decent reel,But I'm gonna try it.any info would be great.I'll be fishin in Pulaski NY on the Salmon river.My buddy's there all winter fishin so he'll tell me what to do I just don't want to look like an idiot! lol!

FC :lol:

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Fly Rods and Steelhead: Empty Re: Fly Rods and Steelhead:

Post  surffishn 3/4/2009, 1:25 am

It may seem a bit intimadating to get started.But it's not rocket science for sure.A lot of great fly reels on the market.My favorite is Teton or Teton Tioga's.I have dunked these in freezing weather and they still worked.

surffishn
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 3/4/2009, 1:28 am

surffishn wrote:It may seem a bit intimadating to get started.But it's not rocket science for sure.A lot of great fly reels on the market.My favorite is Teton or Teton Tioga's.I have dunked these in freezing weather and they still worked.

Yea I heard about the freezing weather,another friend went up 1st week of Feb and said his waders froze lol! He said he felt like a robot walkin lol! He also said his fingers are still tingily from the cold.

FC lol!

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  technologist 3/13/2009, 4:12 pm

In winter you need a real light tip on your rod because your fishing with VERY light tippets. If the rod isn't floppy the steelies will break your line. That's why everyone uses noodle rod up there in winter. In the spring when the water is up you can get away with the equipment you have!
technologist
technologist

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 3/13/2009, 4:28 pm

technologist wrote:In winter you need a real light tip on your rod because your fishing with VERY light tippets. If the rod isn't floppy the steelies will break your line. That's why everyone uses noodle rod up there in winter. In the spring when the water is up you can get away with the equipment you have!

Yea my buddy was home and I showed him my rod.He said pretty much the same thing.He said it would be better for the salmon run.IT would work on Steel but that I would probablly want something with a faster tip eventually.Although he's now fishin it with a spey rod.He say's he can get the line out to about 100 ft.I guess thats only in the Douglaston area can't see how he'd have enough space up river.

Thanks!!!
FC cheers

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down